Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2009

Old August 12th, 2009, 16:49:37   #21
jeremy

Default Re: Confirmed Gameroom compo's and Rules

Awesome list!
Old August 13th, 2009, 01:28:41   #22
ssj5goten

vixion just to give an example why these items are banned. let's take jirachi and his iron head this has 30% chance of flinch with his ability serene grace this is taken to 60% chance to flinch well this is already much.
now let's equip razor fang now instead of 30% we have 40% chance of flinch with serene grace this is nog 80% chance so once jirachi deals damage the pokemon is as good as gone.

-edit- please use a smaller signature
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:08:39   #23
Danyx

Send a message via MSN to Danyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake R View Post
Won't anything above level 50 be scaled down? I dunno, just guessing...

And I think they are considered 'hax items' not really due to 'hax' but because they imbalance certain pokemon to be far more powerful than they are according to their average (max) stats? Again, just guessing, but that's what I think. Plus, some people have one of these on each of their pokemon, which I doubt was done legit because you can only get 1 per game (...right?) and I doubt they all got one from 5 other players without a lot of trouble... so, in that case, it is still 'hax' after all.
So far i know the Pokemon on Battle Revolution don't get themselves lowered to 50. They just stay the normal level. Also at the Pokemon Tournaments held in Germany, France and the UK people had to use level 50 pokemon and several complained since Battle Revolution doesn't bring the level down. The only way i know that this happens is by using the Nintendo Wifi Connection. This is also the way people do IV Battles and if it was possible to do in Battle Revolution then Smogon would also have described that as a way to check IV in their explenation of IV.

If you don't want people to have more of the same item in their team then why not just add the Item Clause as well? I don't really mind those items forbidden though. Some are bit strange though such as Focus Band but not Focus Sash. Don't really understand the Scope Lens either. With the Sniper Ability it's good yes but don't really see any other real options. The ones about flinching is explained so understand that but in the mean time a pokemon that is faster then Jirachi doesn't really have problem with that or if course pokemon the cannot flinch due to their ability.

All Fired Up!

Last edited by Danyx; August 16th, 2009 at 03:17:56.
Old August 16th, 2009, 10:37:13   #24
Power2All
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Power2All Send a message via Yahoo to Power2All

SoulCalibur 4 on PS3 ?
Sux...
But the controlls arn't that much different then from the XBOX360.
I'll probably try to join the SC4 compo again, perhaps this time I have more chance

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION !
DJ @ Abunai! 2007, Abunai! 2009, Hasshin 2010, Abunai! 2010
Former Drummer of the J-rock band Slightly Spring, new band in the making
Old August 16th, 2009, 21:00:35   #25
CelL

Send a message via MSN to CelL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj5goten View Post
vixion just to give an example why these items are banned. let's take jirachi and his iron head this has 30% chance of flinch with his ability serene grace this is taken to 60% chance to flinch well this is already much.
now let's equip razor fang now instead of 30% we have 40% chance of flinch with serene grace this is nog 80% chance so once jirachi deals damage the pokemon is as good as gone.
Wouldn't you be able to avoid that problem simply by, I don't know, banning Jirachi instead? I'm not that much into Pokémon these days but from what I know most legendary Pokémon are usually banned from tournaments alltogether for having stats and movesets that range from being somewhat unfair to simply grossly overpowered.
Old August 16th, 2009, 21:43:30   #26
Danyx

that's the UBER tier that you can find in the first post about Pokemon to Smogon. Jirachi with base stats of 100 and not so wide movepool is an OU (OverUsed) pokemon.

All Fired Up!
Old August 17th, 2009, 13:31:20   #27
Vixion
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj5goten View Post
1) Those so-called hax items are yes 1 per game. But I have Pearl, Diamond and Platinum so I have obtained all items 3 times. Unfair for others? No. Because you can trade items aswell via GTS.
2) Those items are only overpowered when used on uber Pokémon. Check this list: http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber
3) Pkmn BattleRev brings back all stats and levels of Pokémon to equal a level 50 Pokémon when it's set on 50 all. It doesn't raise Pokémon to lvl 50 tho. Free for all means all Pokémon levels can enter, so even your level 5 Magikarp vs a level 100 fully EV'd Tyranitar.
4) Please check into the rules of last year and ACon '09. These rules are really odd, even more odd then the ones Abunai had last year (lol banning Shinnies)
Old August 17th, 2009, 13:54:35   #28
belsammael
Board
A! Staff

Send a message via MSN to belsammael

Wait.. A Singstar Contest? Omg..i totally overlooked this... =3

Jake_R, I challenge thee! XD

@chez:
will this compo be using the PS2 singstar games, or the PS3 ones, or both; both have variety, though PS3 has downloadable options..though that'll cost you >_> - but eh, fun either way =3

"Mokona is Mokona."
Old August 17th, 2009, 14:06:28   #29
MKwiakaku
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to MKwiakaku

I have got to agree on the so-called 'hax items' rule being bullocks. It is true that these items boost a certain stat, but that's part of the game. Part of the metagame, too. It just makes different Pokémon even more different. And if a Jiraichi is so focused on flinching the oponent, then the oponent should make sure he has a faster Pokémon, or puts it to sleep, or freezes it, or confuse it, or do whatever to it. This is kinda like complaining about having to face a water team with your fire team. :\

The draw/life-orb rule is pretty useless too. We just thought of that one last year, because no one really knew what to do. Afterwards I did some research in how this is handled, and came to the conclusion that the Pokémon that attacked last, wins. That's why Explosion is banned as a final move (right?).

And Danyx; they can set a level limit. It's just that the Nintendo Europe people are too lazy to get that.

How did you guys plan on inspecting all those Pokémon, by the way? :]

http://www.deshimasounds.com
Old August 17th, 2009, 18:40:31   #30
Danyx

Only played PBR once so didn't know you can set a level limit that reduces the level to 50 if it's higher. Good to know that ^^

All Fired Up!