Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2008

Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:16:42   #21
Jake R
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Jake R
Default Re: VG Compo: Pokémon Battle Revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKwiakaku View Post
Hey, that free level rule was announced on the forums back then. Your fault for not reading it! >: (
I didn't read this before, but I fully agree with this statement.

People, please... this forum, and the ACon one for that convention, are a vault of precious information for anybody who needs to know anything related to the cons. Please make sure you at least read them, if you want to attend the conventions. You don't need to post, but by reading alone you will prevent a huge amount of questions. And if you've still got a question, asking it here instead of through e-mail gives others a chance to find out what the answer is, thus preventing 10 mails asking the same question over and over again.

Ofcourse there are always questions that can not be handled through this forum, usually related to personal information (ticket numbers, bank account numbers, names, etc.). But that's only a small portion of the questions =)
Old August 23rd, 2008, 13:07:39   #22
Gwyndolium
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Gwyndolium Send a message via Skype™ to Gwyndolium

Only rules I would be clear about is the items carrying and usage of legendary pokemon and ubers.

-Gwyndolium, the diddly daddly husky!
Old August 23rd, 2008, 19:22:47   #23
Lizz
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Lizz Send a message via Skype™ to Lizz

Jake is right here, all the information that you might possibly want to know you can get here...if not by reading, then by asking.

Also, justyvar...lvl 60 pokemon are nice, but lvl 100 pokemon are 40 levels higher and therefore more effort is put in those to level them up...

and if you do not WANT to put that effort in them and/or are a lazy bum, find a rare candier that will get them that high for you so the problem will be solved...
Old August 23rd, 2008, 19:41:41   #24
Duo-chan
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Duo-chan

Besides shouldn't we just wait for all the info and rules to be posted here? Or did I miss them and are they already here (if they are ppl read them XD *note to self: read them aswell*)

Cosplay: Hyuuga Neji Naruto Shippuuden.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 20:05:43   #25
justyvar

Send a message via MSN to justyvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
Also, justyvar...lvl 60 pokemon are nice, but lvl 100 pokemon are 40 levels higher and therefore more effort is put in those to level them up...
same thing as i said before...i PUT efford in them by giving them the perfect nature, breeding moves, EV training, gambeling to get surtain tm's and spending my own TM'S on them...so it's stupid that u say i didn't put efford in them =S
abunai 2010: guess me again XD
Old August 24th, 2008, 02:16:54   #26
Lizz
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Lizz Send a message via Skype™ to Lizz

I did not see you did not put effort in it, I said you put LESS effort in it that one who did the same and leveled them to lvl 100...

Anyone who is really into the competitive battling breeds for perfect nature, IV's and moves...and gives it a good EV spread...That does not make them better than yours or whatsoever, it just means that they worked on THE LEVELING longer...and thus the effort in total shall in most cases be greater.
Old August 24th, 2008, 10:44:24   #27
Danyx

Send a message via MSN to Danyx

Well you do realise that after a pokemon is completly EV trained you can just give it rare candies, right? Even though some make effort in training to level 100 others are lazy and just feed them rare candies. But then again some are even more lazy and just trade them online for hard to get pokemon. So in my opinion it doesn't matter if someone has a lvl 60 EV maxed out pokemon that needs to be trained to lvl 100 or a lvl 100 EV maxed out trained pokemon. The effort in reaching it is almost the same. Training a pokemon to lvl 100 isn't the hardest part of getting a good/uber pokemon you know. Training to 100 only requires battle and time, EV training and moveset take planning, IV and Nature's take time and luck. Hope this explains it a bit better and that most agree to it so there's no need to argue anymore.
Old August 27th, 2008, 00:23:53   #28
Vixion
Otaku

Haven't played Pokémon for a long time now, gonna play the game for the first time in weeks this weekend on the Pokémon Day in Walibi xD

Anyway... what's the status? Are we gonna get a Pokémon Compo?
Old September 2nd, 2008, 15:25:11   #29
raptorx
Otaku

My game has over 350 hours on it, and i just spend my time on completing a pokedex with ALOT of effort. So i do spend less time on my battling pokemon.
I would almost think that you guys think if everyone is scaled to 100, that you would lose dispite of your training. Well.. my pokemon would defitnly have less EV points, so should not be as strong as the properly trained ones, but at least i would have a chance to try. Thats the only thing i care about, having a chance of a fun battle.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 00:13:48   #30
Vixion
Otaku

Still the most important question is;

Is there gonna be a Pokéman BR tournament or not?

or maybe rephrase that;
Do I need to grind my ass off instead of sleeping in the train to atleast hit lv8x on 3 or my Pokémans before Abunai?!