Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2006

Old October 30th, 2006, 17:24:11   #31
benbever

Falldown is lots of fun, but not the turbo version, it takes too long and is boring. Skykids is my favorite title, but it could use a way of letting new players know the controls and scoring system (like onscreen or photocopy leaflets.)
Most other games are a bit too random, or are over before you find your partner/character/controls.
Old October 30th, 2006, 21:45:49   #32
Shodan

A little tip for that game we played for the pair competition. You had to select two cards that are the same (like memory). In the practice (regular) round the first pair that selected the cards instantly won and the other pairs didn't have a chance anymore to select the same cards as well. This made the game a little short and frustrating. Maybe you should allow at least a few pairs to make the selection and give the first pair more points or something.

That's all Unfortunately I didn't have much time to enjoy projectorgames :-/
Old October 31st, 2006, 00:09:57   #33
snaak

Location: De Lutte,Rechts naast Oldenzaal, Noord-Oost van Enschede,Oosten van Hengelo,schuin onder Nordhorn,da
Send a message via MSN to snaak

Projector Games was great once again.

I enjoyed Falldown more last year, but it was Skykids this year!
Finished 3rd this year in the solo compo, was 1st last year tho ;_;

Ow well, there will be a 2007 for Projector Games, right?
Old November 2nd, 2006, 22:03:04   #34
Er00

I hope so

Skykids >>>>>>>>>> Falldown tbh

Better luck next year in the competition

ps I love the kitty in your sig ^^

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll talk to DjArcas and try and get some of the stuff sorted
Old November 4th, 2006, 19:48:16   #35
dark bubba

Send a message via MSN to dark bubba

yeah I've been waiting for a year to play falldown again

I just love it.

but if we're talking about anime characters in projectorgames games, why not animechars in falldown (needs more characters in it anyway because it gets kinda annoying of there are 2 people playing with the same characters, thats kinda unfair)

next time Ill try n be in time for competitions
Old November 4th, 2006, 20:12:56   #36
Jake R
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Jake R

I heard the projectorgames guy saying he was looking for artists, so... go and draw anime chars if you feel like it, I'd say! Make them as brightly colored as you possibly can, rainbow colors for hair and clothes, I think it'll make especially the characters in Falldown a lot easier to distinguish from eachother. =)

My personal favorite? That overhead-view racing game they started with on Friday. It reminded me of Super Off Road for the NES (yay I found the game in my closet, now I can finally tell you people the name! =D), one of my favorite racing games EVER. Partly because I was so good at it, which made me kill the competition in this projectorgames multiplayer version also. Ah, good times, good times... xD

Now guys, if you want to create a REAL hit? Go make a 16-player version of DEATH RALLY which is, second to none, my favorite racing game ever. Only 16 because if you add more players, the game will be both unplayable and thus boring chaos, and sloooooow. =P For those who don't know: Death Rally was/is an overhead view DOS racing game with 6 different upgradable cars packed with GUNS (anywhere from a pistol to rattling chainguns!), MINES, SPIKED BUMPERS, TURBO... and DUKE NUKEM! (Obviously I'm not asking you to put him in, copyright and all, plus he's kinda out of the picture nowadays =/). Let players pick a model for their car (don't make the specs differ too much, like in the original... you don't have time to upgrade it =P), let them choose 1 stat to upgrade (tears for cornering, engine for top spead, brakes for... well duh), let them choose 1 power-up (mines, spiked bumpers, or turbo) and start the race! =D
Old November 6th, 2006, 00:23:53   #37
Er00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake R
I heard the projectorgames guy saying he was looking for artists, so... go and draw anime chars if you feel like it, I'd say! Make them as brightly colored as you possibly can, rainbow colors for hair and clothes, I think it'll make especially the characters in Falldown a lot easier to distinguish from eachother. =)

My personal favorite? That overhead-view racing game they started with on Friday. It reminded me of Super Off Road for the NES (yay I found the game in my closet, now I can finally tell you people the name! =D), one of my favorite racing games EVER. Partly because I was so good at it, which made me kill the competition in this projectorgames multiplayer version also. Ah, good times, good times... xD

Now guys, if you want to create a REAL hit? Go make a 16-player version of DEATH RALLY which is, second to none, my favorite racing game ever. Only 16 because if you add more players, the game will be both unplayable and thus boring chaos, and sloooooow. =P For those who don't know: Death Rally was/is an overhead view DOS racing game with 6 different upgradable cars packed with GUNS (anywhere from a pistol to rattling chainguns!), MINES, SPIKED BUMPERS, TURBO... and DUKE NUKEM! (Obviously I'm not asking you to put him in, copyright and all, plus he's kinda out of the picture nowadays =/). Let players pick a model for their car (don't make the specs differ too much, like in the original... you don't have time to upgrade it =P), let them choose 1 stat to upgrade (tears for cornering, engine for top spead, brakes for... well duh), let them choose 1 power-up (mines, spiked bumpers, or turbo) and start the race! =D
Yep, we're *always* wanting artists unfortunately. If you want to help make some graphics then PM me and I'll put you in contact with DjArcas ("the projectorgames guy" ) to get more details of what we're after!

And we'll see what we can do