Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2006

Old October 21st, 2006, 22:33:49   #21
sir lavitz
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro Bajeena
SeeD is okay Imo, but it's aimed at a new generation of watchers, just like Gundam Wing.(Hence the pretty boys etc...). I don't really like the massive amount of plot armour in them series
About GSD, I think the first 10-13 episodes are worth watching, but afterwards, it goes downhill, a lot. Waste of a serie
And I hope that besides Gundam F91 CCA will be shown, it was a great movie, but there are still some silly script bits in it :P
I ike the plot armour. It's what makes the sci-fi anime interesting. an macha can have an extensive lot and no action, and still be ggod, but the reverse is not true.

Lavitz
Old October 21st, 2006, 23:29:26   #22
Quattro Bajeena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir lavitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro Bajeena
SeeD is okay Imo, but it's aimed at a new generation of watchers, just like Gundam Wing.(Hence the pretty boys etc...). I don't really like the massive amount of plot armour in them series
About GSD, I think the first 10-13 episodes are worth watching, but afterwards, it goes downhill, a lot. Waste of a serie
And I hope that besides Gundam F91 CCA will be shown, it was a great movie, but there are still some silly script bits in it :P
I ike the plot armour. It's what makes the sci-fi anime interesting. an macha can have an extensive lot and no action, and still be ggod, but the reverse is not true.

Lavitz
Ah, what I meant with plot armour is *spoilers!*

like in GSD Shinn stabs through Freedom's cockpit with an anti-ship sword and yet kira is still alive. The massive amounts of Heero blowing Wing Gundam up with him self in it and surviving etc... etc...
*end spoilers!*

And what you say is true. Good plots don't need flashy mecha action and that's what I kinda like about the older Gundam series. Flashy mecha is more for Super Robo series :3 (which I also like a lot)