Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2006

Old October 30th, 2006, 14:22:29   #21
Pado

there was ... the Noir OP, Utena OP, Bubblegum Crisis 2040 OP, Tsubasa Chronicle ED, Bleach 1st OP, Mahou Tsukai na Taisetsu na koto OP, Trigun OP, Samurai Champloo OP, Azumanga Daioh OP, .hack//SIGN ED, Kingdom Hearts 2 OP, Wedding Peach OP, My Neighbour Totoro OP, Paradise Kiss OP, Haibane Renmei ?, Escaflowne OP, RahXephon ED, Sousei no Aquarion 1st OP ...... etc. etc. :P

it went by so fast >_> ..
Old October 30th, 2006, 16:06:43   #22
L0ner
Otaku

well that is because you guessed everything right on the first two seconds .. ah well atleast i got the "how many paws had the catbus from neighbour totoro?" right
Old October 30th, 2006, 17:26:40   #23
Corona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pado
I do feel a bit sad about the fact that the jury called me "no-life" just because I was too good T_T.... it just happens to be the fact that I only listen to anime/game theme songs ....
Know that was all done with a wink and a laugh, because I did choose all the tunes I knew... So guess who has much more of a no life at all?

PM me if you want the Q&A list

Too bad that the program me and Kageki (the one behind the computer) set up didn't work properly. We need to polish it waaay more. And the laptop had a grudge against us too! *grr*

Rest assured that everything will run much more smoothly next year *cries with shame*
Old October 30th, 2006, 19:20:54   #24
Pado

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ner
well that is because you guessed everything right on the first two seconds ..
it is not a hard thing to do ... I just have like 400-500 anime songs on my HiMD (yes, I'm still using old stuff :P) in shuffle mode and I tend to push the "next" button when I don't want to hear a song ... so after awhile I could actually determine the song from 2-3 seconds of the first part of the song, without looking at the display. This just happens naturally over the years :P .. no special training I tell you ... ^__^;;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona
And the laptop had a grudge against us too! *grr*
Was it me or was that IBM laptop REAAAALLLYYY OLD ?? :P
Old October 30th, 2006, 20:18:37   #25
Corona

You are quite correct Pado, but we needed a laptop with a serial connection port to hook up the buttons, and unfortunately only older laptops have it, the laptop was still above the 1 GHz mark though ^^;
Old October 31st, 2006, 00:31:05   #26
Nekonabe
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ner
well that is because you guessed everything right on the first two seconds
Make that 0.2 seconds.
Team Muffin got me scared. You now were much faster then last year >.<

I have notes on this compo :O Maybe the announcer can use a microphone to speak with. I couldn't hear a lot of the things she said. Like the fact that at some point we had to hit the table instead of pushing the button. That made our team miss 4 points *sob sob* Still won the first round though, with only one point ahead of team Whatever if i recall correctly
Old October 31st, 2006, 02:30:20   #27
Pado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekonabe
Make that 0.2 seconds.
Team Muffin got me scared. You now were much faster then last year >.<
lolz ... I can't guess something just from just 0,2 seconds :P .... that's an impossible feat to do :P.

I can only say that the songs were actually easier for me this year ..... WELL EXCEPT THE GHIBLI SONGS :XD: ... that's my greatest weakness :P ...

The problem with the song choice is probably that they were kind of popular songs or famous anime.

The game songs this year were a nice addition, but the games choice was a bit too mainstream and pretty recent on top of that :P ... any RPG fan would have played those games by now :P. You sure got me there when you asked the KH english theme song's name. I expected the question for KHII :P.

This years room for the compo was a kind of small. Last year in the Vrijhof's Algora was kind of too big, but I guess you didn't expect so many people to come this year :P.

It was a bit unfair indeed for the other teams that they didn't know wether they should push the button or hit the table (well I was smart enough to ask what to do when the final round was going to start .....).
I hope these communication and technical problems will be fixed next year.

Also ... some improvements in the rules can do to :P. Point reduction for guessing a song wrong would be a good addition. Someone can always be evil and just immidiatly push the button before everybody, after his/her team got the lead ... but nobody thought about that I guess or nobody was evil enough :P.

Oh yeah ... and the prices ... it was worse then last year :P ... we sure got more stuff then last year .... but it was pretty crappy I have to say >_>. Some anime/game song related prizes might be nice like OST's or something. I'm absolutely not happy to have a Last Exile "Lavie" plushie included in the prizes.... we were like ..."who wants it ?" :P (well I gave it to my nee-san ...).
Old November 1st, 2006, 00:32:34   #28
Corona

Ah, perhaps I be needing some assistance with choosing the songs next time... Think about the people that will be given a chance to win then

Thanks for you comments and improvements though! They will be taken into consideration

You didn't like the plushi? ;_;

Actually I did not know what the prices were going to be, one of the other staff members took care of that. Perhaps I can chip in on the price demands next time, no promises though!
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:21:50   #29
Korenn

Usually we don't have much of a say in which prizes we get, because they're 100% sponsored. I happened to be present when the prizes for the NTT compo were being decided and there simply weren't any OST cds! if there were you would have had them!

hopefully next year
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:53:58   #30
Pado

Yeah .. I love how archonia sponsers stuff that do not sell good on their site :P.