Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2006

Old October 30th, 2006, 09:26:24   #1
Douggie

Default Abunai '06 AMV Contest Results

I'm posting in a new topic, because it might be handy so people don't have to scroll so much through the pages in the old topic just to find the impressions of people.

I posted the top 6 results on my site, to be found here on AMVinfo.nl.

I'm kinda wondering if people could send me info about their AMV to me and a link to it. You can upload it at www.animemusicvideos.org or youtube. I really recommend animemusicvideos.org, because it's a large site/community and a nice way to built up a sort of profile. You can PM me, post here or on the AMVinfo-forum it doesn't matter.

As for the AMV-contest - even though it was delayed for one hour, I'm really glad to see a lot of people had interest in it! This is only better for the AMV-editors, as more people got to see thier AMVs! Didn't know what the organization was thinking when they assigned videoroom 5 for it.

Too bad there were some technical mistakes, like the hissing sound on exphy's vid, the green bar below rellik's vid and the sudden volume drop on Chibs'. But overall a good job on transferring everything to the biggest room on Abunai.

And also too bad I didn't really speak to the other editors, even though I saw half of them again at the AMV-workshop (I think). Hope this was helpful to people! Had a nice time talking to Chib's, rellik, Nio, JCD and Warheart (two German editors who were just watching).

Anyway, congrats to the winners and I wonder what they got as prizes? I also wonder if the audience knew which were the top 5 AMVs when they got announced.

Some quick Comments on the vids: I really liked Chib's AMV the best, the Kare Kano one with the moving panels. It had really nice composistion and quite different from what he has done before. l0ner's video was nice also, story-wize good and the useage of colors were interesting. I also have to comment on the Golden Boy one from snaak. I never thought it was his first one. It was really funny (some parts reminded me of Caffeine Encomium) and I think as far as the audience concerned, the public's favorite!
ChibiCon '07: A Small Summer Story
AbunaiCon '07: denying//CHANGE
AnimeCon '08: corazón
ChibiCon '08: The Sweetest Sky
AbunaiCon '08: lost & found: MEMORIES
AnimeCon '09: Senpai Says
.org profile
Old October 30th, 2006, 16:16:53   #2
L0ner
Otaku

its a shame we did not talk to each other alot at the ending of the compo.

oh and you need to make a quick fix on your website. Its Hans Zimmer with Crimson Tide. (not PotC related )
Old October 31st, 2006, 00:05:52   #3
MKwiakaku
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to MKwiakaku

And for those who want to upload their vids. DO NOT USE YOUTUBE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE.

If you use YouTube, you'll have this stupid music-lag-thingie-issue which makes the sound off sync badly. It'll ruin your perfect timing. :'(

http://www.deshimasounds.com
Old October 31st, 2006, 00:12:36   #4
snaak

Location: De Lutte,Rechts naast Oldenzaal, Noord-Oost van Enschede,Oosten van Hengelo,schuin onder Nordhorn,da
Send a message via MSN to snaak
Default Re: Abunai '06 AMV Contest Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggie
I also have to comment on the Golden Boy one from snaak. I never thought it was his first one. It was really funny (some parts reminded me of Caffeine Encomium) and I think as far as the audience concerned, the public's favorite!
hmm, I wonder what the judges would have said if I said it was my 1st AMV =/

My heart was beating so fast when the AMV started without music, and even faster when I heard the crowed laughing that hard and clapping with the Vodka song.

Aw well, I'll compete again next year for sure =D
Animecon and Abunai, probably comedy again, I just love it lol
Old October 31st, 2006, 00:31:09   #5
Chibs
Otaku

Well, the vid started out with the chara saying his vids weren't taken serious, so it's kind of odd to do that as a first Amv ^^; It's still very good for a first, and 5th place is pretty sweet, so get the =/ out of your sig
Abunai '06 entry: Every Sky, Every Kiss.
Acon '07 entry: Like Biscuit Crumbs.
Chibicon '07 entry: High Volume.
Abunai '07 entry: See You Soon.
Acon '08 entry: Dayvan Cowboy. (Spaceship AMV)
Abunai '09 WIP: Clinically Dead.
Old October 31st, 2006, 00:34:42   #6
snaak

Location: De Lutte,Rechts naast Oldenzaal, Noord-Oost van Enschede,Oosten van Hengelo,schuin onder Nordhorn,da
Send a message via MSN to snaak

Well, putting in subtitles wasn't that hard to figure out and I've seen tons of AMVs and had tons of ideas. (including the subtitle part )
Old October 31st, 2006, 13:26:05   #7
L0ner
Otaku

i got 2 or 3 vids on the block that i will hopefully finisch. If my premiere stops being so annoying.

actually made the vid for this year in january. but it was just a raw version. improved it when ever i thought of an new idea. Wanted to improve the intro a bit since the audio was kina sucky but for some unknows reason premiere decided to die when i wanted to do that (about a week before the deadline)...T_T
Old October 31st, 2006, 18:29:11   #8
Kurosaki Ichigo
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kurosaki Ichigo
Default Abunai amv protject 2006 - Bleach Bymyself

This amv was part of the last four they where to late sent ( there,s someting wrong with the mail i sent them because i sent it 2 month,s before the abunai and they didt get it or something like that) What did you thibk of Bleach - Bymyself amv from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTmbIx1daZw
Old October 31st, 2006, 18:53:39   #9
Tomgeta
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Tomgeta Send a message via Skype™ to Tomgeta

well i had lots of fun

it was my first amv

everyone can add me to msn

my amv was the Remedy one
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:39:19   #10
L0ner
Otaku

you can get my entry from this year and from last year from my website.

http://L0ner.muffindomain.com

you will also find my older vids there ^^