Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2006

Old November 1st, 2006, 11:13:36   #1
Korenn

Default Projector Games evaluation 2006 - Feedback please!

What did you think of Projector Games this year?
What were the low points and the high points?
How did you like the compo's?
Do you have any ideas for next year?

Please tell us!
Old November 1st, 2006, 11:20:56   #2
Shodan

I'll repeat myself then from another thread

Quote:
A little tip for that game we played for the pair competition. You had to select two cards that are the same (like memory). In the practice (regular) round the first pair that selected the cards instantly won and the other pairs didn't have a chance anymore to select the same cards as well. This made the game a little short and frustrating. Maybe you should allow at least a few pairs to make the selection and give the first pair more points or something.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 22:00:04   #3
Er00

We wrote that game actually at the con, so it's still a work in progress, tehre is in fact a tournament mode which knocks out the slowest pair to get them, so all the other pairs have to find it which I think works better than the normal mode
Old November 3rd, 2006, 11:36:11   #4
Amayirot Akago
Otaku

The Projectorgames were a blast as usual, in fact worth coming to the con for IMHO It was annoying though that ppl always choose the same games (Falldown, Skykids, Bombermatch) instead of trying something new for a change, but I doubt there's much you could do about that.

All in all, I had a hell of a lot of fun and I'm definitely looking forward to next year

I was Dr. Insano at Abunai 2014!
Old November 3rd, 2006, 15:53:31   #5
Er00

We implemented a couple of things this year to try and stop people playing the same games over and over, skykids and falldown now quit after a certain number of rounds. However this doesn't prevent people from picking the game again off the menu straight away, hopefully by next year you won't be able to pick the game again for half hour or an hour after it's quit.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 15:57:50   #6
DjArcas

Send a message via MSN to DjArcas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan
I'll repeat myself then from another thread

Quote:
A little tip for that game we played for the pair competition. You had to select two cards that are the same (like memory). In the practice (regular) round the first pair that selected the cards instantly won and the other pairs didn't have a chance anymore to select the same cards as well. This made the game a little short and frustrating. Maybe you should allow at least a few pairs to make the selection and give the first pair more points or something.
Actually, we changed that during the event so only the LAST team to get the pair loses, as Er00 said - it worked much better!

Thanks for putting up with the testing of Crossfire, and I'm sorry it wasn't as good as it was in my mind.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 17:52:53   #7
leofox

Send a message via AIM to leofox

I found it often very hard to follow the character in falldown. You could maybe use colours or shapes for characters, instead of the little men that all look a bit alike.
Old November 5th, 2006, 01:24:22   #8
Korenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leofox
I found it often very hard to follow the character in falldown. You could maybe use colours or shapes for characters, instead of the little men that all look a bit alike.
Part of the fun of falldown is that you're controlling a guy that's running from spinning sawblades threatening to turn him in a red stain on the blades.
That doesn't translate well to a square or a circle.

The only rounds that people really have trouble finding their character is in ultra mode, which is mostly just for fun anyway, it doesn't involve any skill whatsoever.
Old November 5th, 2006, 15:11:33   #9
Jake R
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Jake R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korenn
The only rounds that people really have trouble finding their character is in ultra mode, which is mostly just for fun anyway, it doesn't involve any skill whatsoever.
If that is true, then why do so many people die before level... say, 14 is reached?
Old November 6th, 2006, 00:25:21   #10
Er00

It's total luck tbh, just spam left and right and you might win :P