Old November 4th, 2006, 13:19:07   #21
Jake R
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Jake R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmoxia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
I found too little variety of games, at least there weren't not my type.
Yes, I missed also bemani games.
And most of all, the room was too small for the con of 1000 visitors. I personally didn't dare to go further than a projector game
There was more variation than any other gamesroom we did, we had retro games, race games, RPG's, fighters, etc...
I myself found this to be true during the walk through the room I did. I really hated being so busy and just being on my way to someone else, or I'd have spent quite some time there. Side-scrolling beat-em-ups? I really REALLY wish they made more of those, but they're extremely rare nowadays ;_;
Old November 5th, 2006, 15:52:17   #22
Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake R
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
I found too little variety of games, at least there weren't not my type.
Yes, I missed also bemani games.
And most of all, the room was too small for the con of 1000 visitors. I personally didn't dare to go further than a projector game
There was more variation than any other gamesroom we did, we had retro games, race games, RPG's, fighters, etc...
I myself found this to be true during the walk through the room I did. I really hated being so busy and just being on my way to someone else, or I'd have spent quite some time there. Side-scrolling beat-em-ups? I really REALLY wish they made more of those, but they're extremely rare nowadays ;_;
OK, then my mistake.
I actually didn't take much time to look into them closely.
As I've said, it was quite difficult to walk further than the projector game and I sort of lost my interest by then.
Old November 5th, 2006, 17:59:44   #23
Jake R
Otaku

Must have been there at a wrong time then, because I passed the gameroom multiple times during my rounds and half of the time there was more than enough space... not really empty, but multiple consoles were free. And I never saw the projectorgames fully occupied either...
Old November 6th, 2006, 00:27:50   #24
Er00

There were two doors, I agree, it was kinda hard to get very far past PG when the room was busy, but the other door was usually free XD

And I missed pop n music too Loved that last year
Old November 6th, 2006, 14:38:40   #25
Lizz
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Lizz Send a message via Skype™ to Lizz

Perhaps next time you can put notifications of the times for certain compo's at the infodesk too?
Old November 7th, 2006, 09:14:13   #26
kageki
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aproxima
need more bemani games ;P
*nods*
Old November 7th, 2006, 13:18:29   #27
Gizmoxia

Send a message via MSN to Gizmoxia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz
Perhaps next time you can put notifications of the times for certain compo's at the infodesk too?
There was a huge board that was hung up in the gamesroom but that's all there was, next time we'll hang up every compo-hour arounf the con, the reason we only used the board is because we didn't require people to subscribe for the tournaments, they just had to be on time in the gamesroom if they wanted to compete.

But thx for the tip, we'll think about it for next year

Gizmo

Old December 3rd, 2006, 22:42:04   #28
MestHoop

Send a message via AIM to MestHoop Send a message via MSN to MestHoop

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz
There was a huge board that was hung up in the gamesroom but that's all there was, next time we'll hang up every compo-hour arounf the con, the reason we only used the board is because we didn't require people to subscribe for the tournaments, they just had to be on time in the gamesroom if they wanted to compete.

But thx for the tip, we'll think about it for next year

Gizmo
that was pretty much my only point of critisism: No sign-ups means chaos and in the end I didnt know when the compo's I wanted to attend to were, so I missed all of em -_-

A game I would verymuch would like to see next year is Melty Blood: ReACT. Its a fanmade game but has a huge fanbase (its a 2D scrolling game based on Shingetsutan Tsukihime).
The only problem is that because its a fanmade game, its only available on PC (though I thought I heard about a PS2 version but I couldnt find it anywhere).
Original site (Japanese)
Wiki
Old May 21st, 2007, 13:55:15   #29
Gizmoxia

Send a message via MSN to Gizmoxia

The reason why I don't want people to sign up for the compo's is cuz allmost every tournament there's like 5 people missing, and when you have to beat the noise in the gamesroom with you voice for 3 days and shout: "Is [insert name] here?" I can promise you this much, it's not only annoying, it's exousting and delays everything.

So keep in mind for this year, no need to sign up, just be there on time, I'll make sure that the organisation will advertise the hours everywhere as much as possible. It's the easiest way, trust me

If I'm able to recieve the hours in advance to the con I will post em on this board, so check back often for further updates.

Old May 21st, 2007, 17:47:00   #30
Jake R
Otaku

I hope that 'advertising the hours of truth' won't be as big a problem as I keep imagining it to be. With around 1000 visitors, making sure everybody knows of a slight change of plans is, in my mind, pretty darned hard. Also the biggest problem of last year's con, if I remember correctly. Even the gophers had different versions of the plans, and they kept correcting eachother... no matter the visitors got confused =P

Ah well. We know what the problem was, we know how it was caused, now the only thing left is finding the best way to prevent it! =)