Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2007

Old October 18th, 2007, 00:43:36   #11
Jake R
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Jake R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo
Tips

Documention about how the game works and how the controllere works.

I wanted to play golden eye on nintento 64 and i didnt know anymore how to hold the controllere
With your hands!

Quote:
and wich controls i needed.
Analog stick = move, then just mash some buttons and see what happens on the screen. I'm sure the fire button was big and easy to reach, anything else you might need can be figured out by trying. It's not a Rubik's Cube or something =P
Old October 18th, 2007, 01:36:07   #12
Li1986

Send a message via MSN to Li1986

I enjoyed Soul Calibur 3 and Dead or Alive (I forgot which one ^^" ) big time *^__^* !!! <3
Old October 18th, 2007, 01:47:22   #13
Saniiro-San
Otaku

Quote:
Tips

I wanted to play golden eye on nintento 64 and i didnt know anymore how to hold the controllere and wich controls i needed.
I think it's a good idea though... I've seen it done with Wii games so it wouldn't be bad to do with more games... just hang up a small reference sheet with each game.
Old October 18th, 2007, 01:54:16   #14
ThaChez
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saniiro-San
Quote:
Tips

I wanted to play golden eye on nintento 64 and i didnt know anymore how to hold the controllere and wich controls i needed.
I think it's a good idea though... I've seen it done with Wii games so it wouldn't be bad to do with more games... just hang up a small reference sheet with each game.
it is a good idea but for the more newer games that are able to change buton configuration its hard for some ppl like to smashe that buton and the prefers the smaller button.

and 1 little tip
try to keep te room more ventilated, with a blower or something so fresh air can cum in it might help against the dullness during gaming

@ichigo
iam not acting as ur admin over at this forum so be lucky :P
Old October 18th, 2007, 13:19:03   #15
Zeromus

Send a message via ICQ to Zeromus Send a message via AIM to Zeromus Send a message via MSN to Zeromus Send a message via Yahoo to Zeromus

Good points:
- Oldskool games
- Compo's (the seem to be better than previous years)

Bad points:
- no Wii games (although I can understand the reason, it is still possible to attach the controllers, like on FACTS for example)
- no handhelds (well at least none I saw)
- Too small hallways. Try putting 1 table less on the sides should give you more than enough room to walk around, still leaving enough room in the middle for the people of Gizmoxia themselfs
Old October 19th, 2007, 23:05:09   #16
Vixion
Otaku

My biggest complained about the gameroom is the amount of Fighting Games. It were just to many. It's nice to have some different kind of games like DoA, Soul Caliber, SSBM and some anime-related game like Naruto and DBZ Budokai but having 2x Naruto, 2x Street Fighter and some other just button-bash fighting games isn't nice at all. I would like to have seen more different games like some Wii games or just fun games for PS2 (Katamari I.E.)

Other thing I want to mention is the small areas to walk, some paths were just to small to go through when people were playing a game (like the Naruto games).

One good thing once again; Projector Games! It's just awesome to play a wierd game with 20 people at the same time!
Old October 20th, 2007, 12:14:54   #17
Gizmoxia

Send a message via MSN to Gizmoxia

Hi gamers, here's my feedback on yours.

1) Room was installed with an AC-unit, I can't help it that it got hot from time to time, we tried to ventilate as much as possible, but we can't open all doors and windows for security reasons.

2) We always have extra games with us, so if you wanna see something else than fighter-game 27, please just let us know. (and we did have Guilty gear with us, even played for a while.)

3) Space usage; It's not all that easy to set up all the tables, keep room for people to paas by and keep room to fit the crew in the middle. Normaly we even use 2 tables behind eachother for the consoles etc to stand on, we didn't do that to create more space in the hallways (which actually worked, but then 20 people croud around one game and you're back to 0...) Yes we could put the tables closer to eachother, but then the crew would have to balance themselves through wires, consoles and all that other stuff in the middle.

4) Call of duty, first of all, seriously?... Anyhoo, I'm a big fan of CoD as well, but I don't think this game fits Abunai very well and I don't think we'de have enough contestants for the compo's.

5) There were alot of people who complained about the absence of Wii's and PS3's, but they were missing for all the obvious reasons. Wireless controllers, Danger factor of people hitting people, heavy hardware, no suitable games, etc... (last two apply for the PS3)

6) Reference sheets are not a bad idea, I've seen it done befor like on Animecon, I will give this some serious thought.

------------------------------------------

More feedback is still welcome

Gizmo