Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2006

Old November 1st, 2006, 19:08:17   #1
Gizmoxia

Send a message via MSN to Gizmoxia
Default Gamesroom feedback please

Hi there boys 'n' gals

I hope everyone enjoyed the gamesroom I provided and I hope everyone was pleased with the competitions we held, that's why I'm asking for feedback so we can improve our gamesroom for next year.

But befor we start I think I should say that two of our consoles busted in transportation to the con, that's why some games wern't shown and that's why we had TV's with nothing on em.

We also tried to change the games as often as possible, but that isn't easy becouse most games were heavely occupied.

Anyhoo, I hope youall liked it and if you think we can improve on some points, all feedback is welcome

Keep on gamin'
Gizmo

Old November 1st, 2006, 19:24:13   #2
snaak

Location: De Lutte,Rechts naast Oldenzaal, Noord-Oost van Enschede,Oosten van Hengelo,schuin onder Nordhorn,da
Send a message via MSN to snaak

The gameroom was good.
A little to crowded now and then.

Ow, the DOA4 compo was a little early I think, people were still waiting to enter to abunai and the compo allready started >_<
Old November 1st, 2006, 21:24:25   #3
Xaria

Send a message via MSN to Xaria

The gamesroom was nice, lots of different games to play. It was fun doing naruto on the big screen and getting my ass kicked all the time xD
At sometimes it really was too crowded there but well nothing you can do about that.

Overall I'd say awesome job.
Old November 1st, 2006, 21:46:06   #4
Niotex
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Niotex Send a message via MSN to Niotex

I agree with Snaak that the DOA4 tourny was too soon. Hell I won and it were some nice tight rounds. But there were people better then me on sunday so yeah... Wish those would have also enterd. Other then that Great job on the gaming room. A nice little something extra next time might be HD screens
Old November 1st, 2006, 21:54:34   #5
Saniiro-San
Otaku

HD screens will probably be hell of alot more expensive to rent :-P

I have done 3 whole trips through the gamesroom. once to just have a look, once to show someone around and once checking out the naruto game on the big screen (damn that looked cool! too bad it was in japanese (fun thing, who could guess the names faster, me from memory (having seen the series) or miraizou translating directly from japanese :-P))

I agree that there was not enough room. the space between the players and the walls was just too small.

and hearing some consoles broke during transport, good idea to bring a few more consoles than there are TV's next year? ;-]
Old November 1st, 2006, 21:56:35   #6
Tronix

It will always be crowded i guess, so didn't really bother me.
I loved the naruto game on the big screen tho, also the super nintendo and dreamcast were cool. Nostalgie

Abunai 2007: Holland from Eureka Seven
Old November 1st, 2006, 22:00:35   #7
Saniiro-San
Otaku

maybe find yet another location, or different way to set the stuff up next year...

putting the tables against the outer walls would create more room for people to stand but less room for the people from gizmoxia to work in and less effective use of the room...
Old November 1st, 2006, 22:47:58   #8
Blok
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Blok

Like every year it was hard to actually move around, but I guess that can't be helped xp other than that; I loved it once more. Especially the DON game (Dragonball, One Piece and Naruto), ohcrap that was TEH AWESOME <3 and SSBM of course.

AND I FINALLY GOT MY SSBM TOURNAMENT! Sucky though since I had to leave when it started =o

All weekend: (probably) C.C. from Code Geass!
Old November 1st, 2006, 23:17:22   #9
Niotex
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Niotex Send a message via MSN to Niotex

The prices in 720 screens are actually dropping this year. Not to mention the new Laser HDTV Technology that Arasor and Novalux are coming out with in less then a year from now. Which would mean 50" true 720 screens for half the price LCD ones would cost. And keep in mind that the prices are still dropping ATM. Mind you I'm not even talking 1080 here. Since those fuckers will still, even when the price drops be monsters.

Yes... I have a HD fetish...
Old November 1st, 2006, 23:25:14   #10
qadn
Otaku

Send a message via ICQ to qadn

the thing I don't get is why the HDTV's must be so much more expensive than the comparable HD computer moditors ? ^_^
oh well ^^