Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2007

Old September 17th, 2007, 15:52:35   #1
Nekonabe
Otaku

Default Karaoke competition [suggestion]

Hello,
I just read that the karaoke competition this year is a pure singing only contest. ("and not a musical contest")
Do you want to ban funny acts (like .... Yatta in 2004) or are there so many people who want to participate that you only want the best singers?
If it isn't for one of these reasons or no reason at all please allow musical acts!
Arguments:
- musical acts are funfunfun
- eto... I want to do a cool rap-act with a friend but we can't sing!
- is there anyone who can sing pretty at all XD? I've only seen one or two persons so far at karaoke events hehe

Please look into this
Old September 17th, 2007, 16:34:03   #2
Kurosaki Ichigo
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kurosaki Ichigo
Default Re: Karaoke competition [suggestion]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekonabe
- eto... I want to do a cool rap-act with a friend but we can't sing!
- is there anyone who can sing pretty at all XD? I've only seen one or two persons so far at karaoke events hehe
Rap can you do in the usaXD

But since when is the Karaoke about good singing?
Old September 17th, 2007, 19:03:31   #3
jarlino
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to jarlino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo
Any idea how stupid that sounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Karaoke is a form of entertainment in which amateur singers sing along with recorded music using a microphone and a PA system.
Like Wikipedia says, the original meaning of Karaoke only counts the singing.
Acts weren't a part of it at all, until America, Canada and the Western Countries found out about it, and started taking major profit from it, by adding lighting in clubs and dance floors on stage... so if you're only familiar with the "Americanisation" of Karaoke, I guess I can forgive you for the error. ^_^<3

Friday: Red scout (Team fortress 2)
Saturday: Tsunayoshi Sawada (Katekyo hitman reborn)
Sunday: Mr Referee (Medabots)
Old September 17th, 2007, 20:29:59   #4
Kurosaki Ichigo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki Ichigo
Any idea how stupid that sounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Karaoke is a form of entertainment in which amateur singers sing along with recorded music using a microphone and a PA system.
Like Wikipedia says, the original meaning of Karaoke only counts the singing.
Acts weren't a part of it at all, until America, Canada and the Western Countries found out about it, and started taking major profit from it, by adding lighting in clubs and dance floors on stage... so if you're only familiar with the "Americanization" of Karaoke, I guess I can forgive you for the error. ^_^<3
I thought it was for the fun and not about who can sing the best. But then again i didn't search for info about Karaoke.
Old September 17th, 2007, 23:11:42   #5
Jake R
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Jake R

I've been to Karaoke 3 times, all on AnimeCon. First time was because someone else was there, second time was to tell the stewards that they had to announce something (which they didn't because they didn't understand this were staff orders, not from just some random gopher) and then I quickly ran away, and the third time I was standing guard and requested the Pokérap.

Only one or two times did I hear someone sing... good, even great. The rest was ranging from below average to 'MY EARS ARE BLEEEEEEDIIIIING', and I did leave the room at least twice during examples of the last category.

But nevertheless, it was a lot of fun seeing so many drunk people think they are the center of attention =)
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:44:41   #6
Uniflame
Board
A! Staff

Send a message via MSN to Uniflame

Remember that it is a karaoke compo. So its about who will be the best singer.

There is plenty of room for 'singing for fun" in the normal karaoke. And there will be plenty of it!
Old September 18th, 2007, 21:50:01   #7
Nekonabe
Otaku

But the normal karaoke is always so popular, all the songs for the evening are requested in like the first 10 minutes. The waiting lines were so long and there were so many people it was even unpleasant to be there and hard to breathe.
And, when you're in the compo, people really have attention for whatever it is you're doing. Wouldn't feel like making an act if nobody is to pay any attention.
Old September 19th, 2007, 12:01:48   #8
Kamen Rider Max
Otaku

The main problem is that the singing area is too small, and there isn't a better location for karaoke.
I don't think you noticed but have you seen those ductaped wires on the floor?? If you accidentally trip over those you can make a nasty fall, and not to speak of the damage on the equipment.
We shall look into it to change it next year but this year (because the planning is done) we cannot change it.

Forever known as The Green Haired Naruto XD
Prepare to see my transformation: HENSHIN!!!!
Old September 19th, 2007, 13:38:39   #9
Kurosaki Ichigo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Max
The main problem is that the singing area is too small, and there isn't a better location for karaoke.
I don't think you noticed but have you seen those ductaped wires on the floor?? If you accidentally trip over those you can make a nasty fall, and not to speak of the damage on the equipment.
We shall look into it to change it next year but this year (because the planning is done) we cannot change it.
Lol i did see it but indeed the cafe ist the biggest place its kind of small if you think about it.
Old September 19th, 2007, 16:10:32   #10
Dreamension

Send a message via MSN to Dreamension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake R
Only one or two times did I hear someone sing... good, even great.
one of those 2 had better be me *shakes fist*

Anyway, just because your singing isn't optimal doesn't mean you can't win this thing =_= maybe you're not allowed to make a big act out of it, but you can at least enjoy it O_o trust me... the judges can tell the difference between a good singer not being interested in being there and someone who isn't your average Mariah Carey but who is at least having fun ^^

Also I know waiting lines are long, but you can always check out the song list and just join in on whatever song you want O_o there'll be hardly anyone who'll turn you away...