Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > General > Introductions

Old April 4th, 2013, 15:39:23   #1
Manu

Default Douzo Yoroshiku!

Hello hello! Hajimemashite, I'm Manu. I live in the Netherlands (A*dam). 22 years old.
I've been to many fantasy fairs, but so far I have yet to visit an anime convention. I do wish to visit one.. However, I can sometimes tend to be kinda shy.. (IRL, internet not much of a problem) so I wanted to visit a convention, but no friends wanted to come along.

I've been a member of OtakuZone (yes I know the company that owned it was a really shady company) for a couple of years, but now that the website has finally died, I'm looking for a different place to spread my love for anime and manga ^^

I love roleplaying, reading manga, watching anime, collecting capsule toys (and destroying them while using them =_=), gaming and travelling.

I've recently been to Japan (it's been less than a week since I've returned) and fell in love with Akihabara and Ikebukuro. I'm currently looking for a job and it really is such a shame that there aren't maidreamin cafes like in Tokyo ^^

Though I love people cosplaying, I don't cosplay. It seems like a pretty expensive hobby,.. and since I'm kinda chubby I doubt any of those outfits would look good on me.

The state of my Japanese language.. Well if I try and if I use my wordtank (electronic dictionary) I can translate most books/anime/manga.. It just takes too much time though.. (Currently playing Starry Sky and took me forever just to play the intro XD)

.. Yeah it's easy to talk about myself. I would love meeting up with other anime/manga lovers! I won't judge you for liking other genres than I do..

Stuff I like (because If I'm going to sum up all I've watched/read I'll be here forever^^):
- Durarara, Dragonball Z
- Monster, 07 ghost, Hakkenden
- Kuragehime, Skip Beat, Rozen maiden
- Junjou Romantica, Sekai ichi Hatsukoi
- Saki, Subaru, Chihayafuru

So yeah, I'm hoping to find some new anime loving friends and just someone to discuss anime/manga related stuff with and I think I've come to the right site ^^ And perhaps one day I will go to an anime convention! (May it be Abunai or one in America.. since they also have awesome conventions!)

If you still have any questions, just ask XD

Douzo Yoroshiku
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2013, 18:18:15   #2
~miku~
Board
A! Staff

Default Re: Douzo Yoroshiku!

Welcome~

I've been reading the skip beat manga myself, I'm still hoping they will make another season for the anime :P
Old April 9th, 2013, 23:32:22   #3
Manu

Thanks ^^

It would be awesome if they made a second season.
I think soon they should have enough material to work with..
really love the latest issue of the manga ^^
Old April 10th, 2013, 15:44:14   #4
~miku~
Board
A! Staff

I sure hope so!
Its about time they got together though! I'm impatiently waiting for it to happen :P
And how was Japan? I never got the chance to go, but I still want too..D:
Are there any must see's I can not miss if I ever go there?
Old April 11th, 2013, 21:01:58   #5
Manu

Definitely don't underestimate Akihabara! I thought I could visit it in a day, but I know now I should have taken at least 3. Also.. you can easily buy all the souvenirs you want there XD

Also,.. Karaoke during the day is a must! (From 7 pm or 8 pm and onwards it gets really expensive)

Train is easy to right, just check the big board bove the machines where you need to go to, throw the amount of money it says into the ticket machine and pick the price goes with your desitnation ^^ the machines will always eat your ticket, so if you want a memento of it, make a picture

Ikebukuro is also awesome.. Harajuku also..

to be honest, I didn't like Shibuya.. of course I went to see Hachiko.. but meh, it's not that impressive..

Then.. I went to see Osaka castle. It's a nice visit, you can spend a few hours there before returning to Namba and shop till you drop ^^

And I bet there are plenty of other amazing places..
but I only went two weeks (because it was all I could afford)
visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and MiyakoJima.
The seas in Okinawa are amazing *from what I could see from the plane and at Miyako Jima.
If you like temples and shrines, Kyoto is the place to go, but you can pretty much find smaller ones everywhere.. so meh.. Kyoto is fun.. but..

Also.. for guesthouse..
Basepoint in Osaka is great! And Khaosan in Kyoto and Tokyo!
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:00:22   #6
Vincentsedubun

Location: Youtube, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Online games
Send a message via AIM to Vincentsedubun Send a message via MSN to Vincentsedubun Send a message via Yahoo to Vincentsedubun Send a message via Skype™ to Vincentsedubun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Hello hello! Hajimemashite, I'm Manu. I live in the Netherlands (A*dam). 22 years old.
I've been to many fantasy fairs, but so far I have yet to visit an anime convention. I do wish to visit one.. However, I can sometimes tend to be kinda shy.. (IRL, internet not much of a problem) so I wanted to visit a convention, but no friends wanted to come along.

I've been a member of OtakuZone (yes I know the company that owned it was a really shady company) for a couple of years, but now that the website has finally died, I'm looking for a different place to spread my love for anime and manga ^^

I love roleplaying, reading manga, watching anime, collecting capsule toys (and destroying them while using them =_=), gaming and travelling.

I've recently been to Japan (it's been less than a week since I've returned) and fell in love with Akihabara and Ikebukuro. I'm currently looking for a job and it really is such a shame that there aren't maidreamin cafes like in Tokyo ^^

Though I love people cosplaying, I don't cosplay. It seems like a pretty expensive hobby,.. and since I'm kinda chubby I doubt any of those outfits would look good on me.

The state of my Japanese language.. Well if I try and if I use my wordtank (electronic dictionary) I can translate most books/anime/manga.. It just takes too much time though.. (Currently playing Starry Sky and took me forever just to play the intro XD)

.. Yeah it's easy to talk about myself. I would love meeting up with other anime/manga lovers! I won't judge you for liking other genres than I do..

Stuff I like (because If I'm going to sum up all I've watched/read I'll be here forever^^):
- Durarara, Dragonball Z
- Monster, 07 ghost, Hakkenden
- Kuragehime, Skip Beat, Rozen maiden
- Junjou Romantica, Sekai ichi Hatsukoi
- Saki, Subaru, Chihayafuru

So yeah, I'm hoping to find some new anime loving friends and just someone to discuss anime/manga related stuff with and I think I've come to the right site ^^ And perhaps one day I will go to an anime convention! (May it be Abunai or one in America.. since they also have awesome conventions!)

If you still have any questions, just ask XD

Douzo Yoroshiku
Ahh so nice to meet you,

how was Akihabara? (A)

Congratulations, you’ve just met the next form of evolution on the Internet
Vincentsedubun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 22:48:49   #7
Manu

Akihabara was awesome! I only managed to visit 6 shops cause it took forever to see everything inside.. but I bought lots and lots! Also they have a lot of maid cafes and karaoke rooms there. But I mostly love seeing all the games, figurines and other merchandise.. just amazinf ^-^b