Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2014

Old August 21st, 2015, 07:49:06   #41
NotReallyHere
Otaku

Default Re: Abunai! 2015 AMV Competition Rules + FAQ + Sign Up Info [Sign ups are closed!]

Woop woop, I made it in!

Also, I think this is the earliest we've ever had the results (at least since I was competing), so a job well done Chrono.
Old August 21st, 2015, 09:19:29   #42
ChronoDensetsu
Board
A! Staff

Default Re: Abunai! 2015 AMV Competition Rules + FAQ + Sign Up Info [Sign ups are closed!]

Congratulations to those that made it to the finals!

I tried to get the results to you earlier, but there was a certain judge that needed five more days...
Old August 21st, 2015, 13:08:20   #43
Ploxerdon
Otaku

Well... I'm sad to announce that my AMV was just simply too epic for Abunai to handle, so I have to resort to posting it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=217S...ature=youtu.be
Old August 22nd, 2015, 15:07:24   #44
kiwiwew

I didn't get in either this time, so I'm posting mine now! This means I'll have to up my game next year :P Need to practice more with editting!

https://youtu.be/F9_jMWppkgk
Old April 10th, 2016, 13:58:48   #45
mattashii

Default Abunai! 2016 AMV Competition Rules + FAQ + Sign Up Info [Sign Ups are open!]

I have a few questions about the 2016 AMV competition, if applicable:
  • Will there be rule changes on the max length of the AMV?
  • What counts as the length of the AMV?
    e.g. is that the length of the song, the length of the anime part, or the playlength of the file minus intro/outro (let they have anime in them)?
    I mean, can I use a song with a length of about 3:10 if I use it's intro/outro for my intro/outro, and keep the 'AMV' part within the 180 second limit?

Example: 'Ibizah', last year's 6th place, has 8 seconds of 'intro', but is that also counted as 'AMV'?

Another, more technical question:
Is there a prefered FPS?
As beamers typically have a fixed FPS they can produce, I would understand video quality going down if I were to go over this limit, or using a non-divising FPS count (like 24FPS to 30FPS, or similar)
Old April 18th, 2016, 13:18:32   #46
ChronoDensetsu
Board
A! Staff

Sorry for the late reaction, the new 2016 thread will be up shortly.

There will not be any changes to the rules compared to last year, so the answers to your questions are as follows:

- The length of the AMV cannot exceed 180 seconds. This is measured by the main section of the AMV. Like the rules specify, an intro and outro are allowed and can extend the total duration up to a maximum of 195 seconds.

Whether something classifies as an intro or outro depends a lot on how it is used and has to be judged on a case-by-case basis. In the case of Ibizah, the first 8 seconds consists of some information about the editor and the AMV, and after that the main part kicks in, together with the beat. I'd say this classifies as an intro. Clearly using the intro or outro to camouflage the fact that your song is actually too long may result in a disqualification or a reduction of points.

- Our beamers supports the following standards: 1080p (23.98Hz, 24Hz, 25Hz, 29.97Hz, 30Hz, 50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz), 1080i (50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz), 1080sf (23.98Hz, 24Hz), 720p (50Hz, 59.94Hz, 60Hz)

I'm looking forward to your entry!