Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2005

Old August 29th, 2005, 18:51:25   #11
Power2All
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Power2All Send a message via Yahoo to Power2All

Yah it takes indeed much time.
Except that if you got a good dungeon master, you won't have to wait, except if the player is a slowpoke
Old August 29th, 2005, 21:49:41   #12
qadn
Otaku

Send a message via ICQ to qadn

Dice rolling doens't work in live action roleplaying.
Thefore all live-action systems are quite simple, they rely on the cooperation and imagination of the players playing it.

So you would need to craft a whole new system for it (or borrow the otakon one). Besides its not posible people-wise, you need too much gopher and staff time to get it done.

regards,

Herman
Old August 31st, 2005, 14:53:18   #13
Kinlyu
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Kinlyu

Uhm, the topic says Live Action, so no dice rolling.

I've done a LARP workshop on Castlefest this year, and this sort of thing would be possible, but it's quite random. Takes only 20 minutes, and it's fun. Every group of players always finds another way to solve a problem.

Say you have 6 player chars, and a few npc's, the organisation. Characters can choose to be warrior or wizard (how very fantasy ), and they will go on some sort of quest... meet people who could help/kill the players, players have to defeat monsters ~whatever.

Oh yes. Players get weapons and other stuff needed from the organisation, costumes are no point really... but I don't have any idea how to make the LARP story anime-ish. Unless you would use eg the whole Naruto world as concept (or in short: you guys are young genin shinobi on a mission...).

Anyway, this workshop kind of thing is possible, but more fun in open air (and you do need some empty space.)
Old August 31st, 2005, 15:16:16   #14
Meowzy
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meowzy Send a message via MSN to Meowzy

my sister and her friend made a forum about Live action cosplaying (LACP) but i don't think i'm allowed to post the link. you can PM me if you want it. ^^'
Old September 1st, 2005, 09:35:38   #15
Kagemaru
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Kagemaru

My dream comes true...an event other then a convention to use cosplay suits! :'D
Not only am I a enthusiastic role-player...let me rephrase that: Whenever or whatever I cosplay, I try to fit into my role as much as possible! And I also like to play role-playing games. I participated in a LARP event at the Elf Fantasy fair and I've never had so much fun before! Now if it didn't cost so much and if I had a little more time for it, I'd join a LARP...group, organisation, whatever you might call it. In any case: I would be VERY delighted if such an event were to be made true and I would also like to help with anything if needed to.
Old September 1st, 2005, 14:50:10   #16
Saniiro-San
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowzy
my sister and her friend made a forum about Live action cosplaying (LACP) but i don't think i'm allowed to post the link. you can PM me if you want it. ^^'
why wouldn't you be allowed to post a link to something very related to the subject at hand? ;-]

only thing you can do is give people an introduction to LARP...
at castlefest (and other fantasy festivals) that's usually the point of the workshop. to attract people to come and play.

since this is a one time thing, it's quite different.

maybe if there was a group of people planning to do regular anime related LARP events they could hold a workshop like Kinlyu mentioned.

it takes too much organising, personel and weapons (which would have to be bought for this, because they might break etc so they probably won't except any weapons people bring themselfs due to policy (same with own games/dvd's/etc)).

so unless there is an organisation behind it, it would be hard to realise such a thing.
Old September 1st, 2005, 22:16:13   #17
Meowzy
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meowzy Send a message via MSN to Meowzy

oh really? well, apparently they've made a whole homepage devoted to LACP.
here's the link http://www.geocities.com/lacp_organisatie/main.html
you can join the forums and discuss Anime roleplaying if you want. they've also planned a testrun. more info on the site!
Old September 2nd, 2005, 11:59:37   #18
Kagemaru
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Kagemaru

I've registered at the forums and will be prepared to participate in the testrun! But because of the strict security *cough*yeah right*cough* at my work, I can't get into any webmail...heh, guess I'll have to wait until this evening if I want to post anything.
Old September 3rd, 2005, 11:22:03   #19
Sai Kyou

I'll most likely participate in the testrun too ^^
Waaa! This is going to be fun! (and it's cheap too! omg!)

Shujin-X Member