Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2005

Old May 16th, 2005, 15:31:41   #1
MKwiakaku
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to MKwiakaku
Default DDR Song Request Topic - READ FIRST POST (2005)

So, this is the place where you can request your favorite songs to be stepped and used at Abunai, or any other convention. There are some rules though:

- Songs already in previous anime packs by DDRNL are obviously not done again (unless the steps really suck). These include the DDR Anime 1st - 5th mix, Abunai 2004 and Animecon 2005 packs. More info about those at ddrnl.com
- Preferably songs with a length of less than 2 minutes, 2:30 max. Anime OP en ED themes are most of the time about 1:30, so those are perfect.
- Please name anime series (if possible), artist and songname.
- Requesting songs doesn't automaticly mean they're gonna be used. Not everything is ddr-able, you know. ;)

It would be nice if you could send me an HQ mp3/ogg/ape/flac/whatnot version of the song you're requesting, but it's not necessary. Also it would be nice if you could provide some pictures that I can use as a background (640x480, 800x600) and songbanner (256x80). Google can be hell for those sometimes. =___=;

And, to make some things clear... I (and perhaps someone else who's going to make ddr steps for songs too) am going to make the steps. There are going to be a complete new set of arrows. (: I'm doing this on a voluntairy base (I'm not even getting a free t-shirt ;_;), so please be gentle with me.

Just reply with your requests, and if I need to talk to you about something, I'll send a pm or email. (:

And for the kids, in Dutch... P:

Hier kan je dus je favoriete liedjes aanvragen die je graag zou willen DDR'en op de komende Abunai, of misschien een latere conventie. Er zijn echter wel wat regeltjes:

- Liedjes die in vorige anime packs door DDRNL zitten worden natuurlijk niet opnieuw gedaan (tenzij er echt slechte steps bij zijn). Dit zijn de DDR Anime 1st - 5th mix, Abunai 2004 en Animecon 2005 packs. Meer info daarover op ddrnl.com
- Het liefst liedjes met een lengte van minder dan 2 minuten, maximaal 2:30. Opening en Ending themes van anime duren meestal ongeveer 1:30, precies goed voor DDR nummers.
- Noem de anime serie (indien mogelijk), artiest en titel.
- Aanvragen betekent niet automatisch dat het nummer gebruikt gaat worden. Je kan niet op alles ddr'en. ;)

Het zou fijn zijn als je me een goeie kwaliteits versie van het nummer in mp3/ogg/ape/flac/whatever zou kunnen sturen, maar dat is niet per se nodig. Ook is het fijn als je wat plaatjes zou kunnen geven, zodat er een achtergrond (640x480, 800x600) en een songbanner (256x80) gemaakt kunnen worden. Google is daar niet bepaald handig voor. >___>;;'

En, om het nog een beetje duidelijker te maken; ik (en misschien iemand anders die ook mee gaat helpen) ga de pijlen op het liedje gooien. Er komen dus compleet nieuwe steps. (: Ik doe dit vrijwillig (ik krijg niet een een gratis t-shirt ;_;), dus blijf alsjeblieft een beetje beleefd. ^^;

Post reacties met je aanvraag, en als ik je nog ergens voor nodig heb stuur ik je een pm of email.

Beh, lange post >.>;'

Some handy-dandy posts / Wat handige posts:
Sending your (or others) stepcharts - Jouw (of andermans) stepchart insturen
A way to send us your files - Manier om ons jouw files te sturen
Killer list of songs already done - Lijst van nummers die al gedaan zijn

http://www.deshimasounds.com
Old May 16th, 2005, 15:33:52   #2
*subrosa*
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to *subrosa*

Naruto - Kakashi's theme - Toshiro Masuda...

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE?????

...... ur not easy to please... ok...

*on her knees*

*murmers* oh my dearest MKwiakaku, will you please do Kakashi's theme for me? I will be your eternal slave, anything I will do if you make those steps for me... please please pretty pleeeaaaase????

No, I won't go any further than that... u satisfied?
Old May 16th, 2005, 15:41:48   #3
MKwiakaku
Otaku

Hmm.... That will do. I'll see what I can do for you, my slave. P:

Old May 16th, 2005, 15:51:31   #4
*subrosa*
Otaku

*bows* yes... master......
Old May 16th, 2005, 16:14:35   #5
kyana
Otaku

omg.. lol..

well I wonder about the 'stepmania' songs... can they be used too? 'cause someone already made them it means less work right? I dunno how it all works..
Old May 16th, 2005, 17:04:43   #6
MKwiakaku
Otaku

Well... We're going to use Stepmania, so yeah...

If you have songs already done by someone else, and you'd like to see them at Abunai, please send the song and stepfile (blablabla.dwi, blablabla.sm) to me (click mail button below my posts). Also include the original creator of the stepfile, and his/her website. This way I can ask that person if it's all right to use his/her stepfile. ^^;

Also, sending it to me doesn't automaticly mean it's going to be used. If it's completly out of sync, unlogic or incomplete steps (missing standard-light-beginner) it's not going to be used. Maybe I'll make new steps for it myself, tho...

And if you're using stepmania, there's this neat Stepmania Package Exporter, which makes you .smzip files containing all the files needed. Just send me one of your fave songs and I'll check it out. (: Please note that my mailbox accepts attachments of max 20 MB, so leave any bgmovies out (tell me if you have them, tho... maybe we could find some other way).

You can mail in Dutch, btw. ;)

Old May 17th, 2005, 03:07:43   #7
NiDeCo

Send a message via MSN to NiDeCo

I'm one of the other guys who's gonna make some stepfiles (again) for Abunai!
Plz, do not hesitate to request anything you like!
*desperate! * xD
Old May 17th, 2005, 11:22:51   #8
*subrosa*
Otaku

Alright, since you are desperate, I don't have to beg...

I'd like:
Gundam SEED OVA - Zips - T.M. Revolution

^__^
Old May 17th, 2005, 21:29:22   #9
Blok
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Blok

I don't really do DDR, since I suck at it big time and I don't have money to buy it, but there's a song wich me and a friend think is (almost) perfect for a really hard DDR-course. However, neither of us have DDR, so we don't know what we're talking about xD
The song is a little bit longer than 2 minutes... more about 4 minutes lol, but I don't know if there are any shorter versions. I don't even know if there's already a course with this song, since I'm the DDRn00b around here. Anyway, the song is called Shining Collection, it's from Gravitation/Iceman. Whatever xD!

All weekend: (probably) C.C. from Code Geass!
Old May 17th, 2005, 22:22:57   #10
MKwiakaku
Otaku

Today's your lucky day. Or more like, the last animecon was. We covered that song for it. We made an DDR edit for the normal players, and a full version of the song for the pro's only, since it was a big bad-ass 10 footer (one of the hardest songs to beat).

And it will make it's return on the next Abunai!