Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2005

Old July 12th, 2005, 22:42:43   #11
nat-chan

oh hino, what about how to line your art without ruining the sketch: scan the sketsh in, convert the gray lines into blue, print it out, line it, scan it, then turn some channels off. Voila, nice inkt lines and saved the sketch (dunno how the method is called). I think ppl will love that =D

I think i will do screentones workshop with photoshop (It is less mindbreaking on how to get it showed XDD)

Quote:
Btw I am not stage frightened at all(as you might have seen on AnimeCon2004 Razz) So Nathalie maybe we can do it together or I'll help you as a goeroe Razz or assistent lol!! *thinks of Hans Klok*
I will keep that in mind =D Now I hide my face behind the laptop XD

Oh, it is still premitted to bring your own laptop, right? Just rechecking...
Old July 13th, 2005, 00:00:04   #12
Kanako
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Kanako

What's this... stage fright? if you need help with that, I can help a bit (but I can only give that training before hand or 5 min before the start.)
Old July 14th, 2005, 08:54:00   #13
kageki
Otaku

I don't know is this would be interesting for anybody, but it is possible to set up a meeting beforehand where you can see the event rooms, and Michel could give some stage training for the people who would like it?
Old July 14th, 2005, 13:00:17   #14
kageki
Otaku

Cheesecake, what are you planning? to split up the workshop time to do two workshops? (one line-art, one greyscale?) or?
Old July 15th, 2005, 11:54:59   #15
nat-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanako
What's this... stage fright? if you need help with that, I can help a bit (but I can only give that training before hand or 5 min before the start.)
I would love that! tnx^^

And to answer kageki question: we are want to do two workshops.
the first on line-art by Hino and the second one by me. I dont know if it would be a screentone or greyscale or differences between male and female =S
Old July 16th, 2005, 10:55:27   #16
andre

hahaha, show the difference between screentoning a male and a female and you will have a big crowd XD!

On the question about a meeting to look at the stages/meetingrooms sounds like a good idea to me.
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:53:09   #17
kageki
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat-chan
And to answer kageki question: we are want to do two workshops.
the first on line-art by Hino and the second one by me. I dont know if it would be a screentone or greyscale or differences between male and female =S
this second workshop will not be able to take place on saturday as the other workshops. it is already very difficult to get the standard four workshops scheduled...
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:55:29   #18
kageki
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre
On the question about a meeting to look at the stages/meetingrooms sounds like a good idea to me.
Does it matter how far in advance this meeting will be?
options:
1. friday during the convention
2. thursday just before the convention
3. sometime in september
4. sometime in august

I don't know whether it would influence any of the workshops?
Old July 18th, 2005, 18:54:59   #19
andre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageki
this second workshop will not be able to take place on saturday as the other workshops. it is already very difficult to get the standard four workshops scheduled...
I think they want to do just one workshop, but cover two different aspects of manga drawing during this workshop. (or maybe I am wrong here)
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:23:20   #20
kageki
Otaku

Alright, so far we have this:

Goldfish Factory
Andre and Claire will show how to create coloured illustrations, from scratch and with the aid of video projection. Andre will handle colouring in aquarel, and Clair will show how to do it by computer with photoshop. There will also be a drawing of mecha live 'on stage' focussing on technical mecha drawing techniques.

Cheesecake
Hino will do a workshop about lineart, how to do it by hand and adjust it with photoshop. After that Nathalie will show how to make an illustration completely done in grayscale, with pencil and screentones, concerning bishies and bishoujos.

OpenMinded
??

Cannibal Cat
Maybe no workshop at all??

Ideas heard some time: animation ?

--

when you are certain about the contents and description of your workshop, please make a post (maybe with a better description than what I typed here?) and I'll put it on the convention website.

--
In the case that cannibal cat decides not to do a workshop at all, the planning will stay the same as it is currently in the events schedule on the website. Otherwise the planning will change to what is currently mentioned as possibility in the main ddd thread.