Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2005

Old September 12th, 2005, 18:49:27   #21
Kanako
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Kanako

I haven't seen the AMV's in the AMV compo (though I'm a 'pro-amv-watcher' ^^; ) simply because I didn't have enough time. The only event I was present at was the cosplay fashion show (I was the 'cat-girl-boy-thingie' ^^; )as a jury's member.

The event I was supposed to organise, the cosplay musical, went HORRIBLY wrong because of 4 main cast members not arriving. So I had to cancel it T____T (And afterwards I was too busy to explain this to the people who signed up for this. gomenasai V(_ _)V )

But all in all I really wanted to go to the cosplay workshop but.... as always I was busy with arranging things (Gopher's that don't show up, Gophers that are late, Gophers that have to be relieved, Gopher rosters ^^;;;; )
Old September 12th, 2005, 18:57:07   #22
Chibs
Otaku

I Myself really liked the 3 manga workshops, even though I really really can't draw, they were great ^-^ (and I actually learned a bit )
*claps for all those people that helped there*
Old September 12th, 2005, 19:02:21   #23
Saniiro-San
Otaku

I really loved the con... only big downside in my eyes was the dinner.
it was always late, and not what was expected. problem was, this was all the fault of the company delivering the dinners :-[
they just didn't finnish in time, and didn't delivered what was ordered :-[

I really liked the salads though :-P they are rather good at those ;-]

I've seen only a few bits of events (like a part of the cosplay workshop, a few seconds manga workshop, a few cosplay acts, a little bit anime charades...) and they were all really nice (though starting a little late).

I think all in all it was a good learning experience for both the staff aswell as the gophers!
Old September 12th, 2005, 21:32:18   #24
Sai Kyou

Well since my first con felt a bit 'empty' I decided to participate in as many events as I could ...and I decided to cosplay (crossplay actually..) And well.. I don't think I ever had more fun in my life..! (does that sound sad..? Hmm.. Nah)

Well.. at the opening I was pretty much shy and a bit nervous I guess... as I arrived all alone.. but immediately I got "Ahh!! Sakura!!" that really made me feel at home/relaxed! Thank you.. (s.. sorry I don't know your name ._.)

Later I played some Shogi at the Mah Jong and Shogi Workshops (gee, saying that last part kinda seems unnecessary..).. I'd really like to thank the girl who played against me, it was really fun! (she totally dominated me ._. I'm too stupid for games like shogi.. huu) It was fun sitting next to a friend who I had known for 4 years over the net too!

The Fashion show was really a lot of fun! I felt like a total n00b... and I still do.. but I gained a lot of EXP talking to all of the other cosplayers ^.^ PINK FLASH!!

Dinner and breakfast was alright ^.^ I never really get full.. unless I eat at a sushi buffet restaurant (WHY DON'T WE HAVE THOSE IN THE NETHERLANDS?! NOOOO)... sorry for eating so much everyone who didn't get enough sometimes... ._. other than that.. I didn't really mind waiting.. the only thing which made me frustrated is that I HAD TO EAT WITH FORK AND KNIFE @_e

The noodle slurping contest was great! .. it still hurts.. but it was fun! too bad I didn't get any wasabi T_T but that was my own fault... I was really slow... *dissapointed in self* Oh well.. victory was still ours (SHX WINS AGAIN WOOHOO!) I believed in Neodash, I supported Neodash, I lost my voice and thus stood no chance in the karaoke comp anymore for Neodash, and he won!

Later I totally screwed up Shining Collection at the Free Karaoke event... not that anyone could hear tho.. too bad the audio wasn't set up properly -_- Great work on the timing/subbing and everything else tho!

I really regret missing the cosplay workshop T_T I'm so sorry T_T

Cabins were scary, there was a little 'problem'.. which was luckily and peacefully solved, like civil people should solve problems.. thanks Rutgher (that was your name right?), Other Gopher/steward and Dark! But other than that I got a good 2-4 hrs sleep!

The cosplay rehearsal was great, I don't really mind waiting all that much.. The second round.. the eh.. rerehearsal ^.^ was really useful, thanks.
The competition itself was a lot of fun too, I really can't wait to see the video's! The only thing that nearly made me agressive was because it was very noisy backstage...

The Karaoke Competition was cool, again, the singer's voices couldn't be heard very well.. My voice was still gone and I sucked.. other than that.. the rest of you ruled&rocked! It was a great pleasure listening to my some of my favourite songs (especially Blind Game Again XD) while being sung to by all of you that competed.

The Jpop party after was fun! Uhm.. I guess you all will see a video soon.. I'll be finding a place to hide...... XD

Thanks for OTAKU SPEEDVIBE, Neodash! (I kinda wasn't there... but....

... What happened later at the cabins is better left untold)
Or not.....?
Well.. Let's just say the beds were surpirisngly riggid! Who could ever imagine they could hold ~200kg!! ... Uh.. Yeah, I'm quite heavy.. err.. yeah.. (I'm soooo going to get assassinated (again) for this...)

Well the 3rd day started off with me nearly being drowned to death... But I quickly helped a bit making the world a better place (by first assassinating some one.. woops) by folding quite a few paper cranes and by 'enlightening' some people how to fold paper cranes for LOVE AND PEACE as a random anti-naruto (noticed the reversed headband? :P puuu~) ninja guy of peace!

After that I quickly dashed (Ninja style!) to the sport complex to get a bit of a refresher on Jujutsu, the art which I love.. but at the moment no longer practice T_T .. I'd like to thank the two guys that instructed at the workshop! *waves at the other two ninja's that were at the Martial Arts workshop*

I really wanted to participate in the DDR competitions, but since I'm quite out of practice and I wasn't sure if I could make it I skipped it this year.. But it was fun playing it with Watanuki at the other end of the room. It was also my first time playing parapara and projector games.

The Anime Charades competition was a lot of fun! Vash was really great with his marker! Well played, team AT (or something like that @_e).. I guess our lucky streak had to end somewhere.. The thing was... we did round one flawlessly! We got everything right (correct me if I'm wrong..) until the Finals started.
After the competition there was 'free charades' it ruled!!

Huff-Huff... Well.. that's pretty much all of the events! It's too much eh? Did I forget anything? Are there too many errors/typo's? Hoe~ I guess I should've written this in more than one post? Ah well~

I want to say hi & thanks to EVERYONE that was at Abunai! As far as I know, EVERYONE was GREAT, LOVELY, COOL and most of all FRIENDLY!
*sob* I already miss all of you so much *sniff*
Hope to see you next year!

Sakura-hime at friday and Saturday (except at Saturday evening/night, where I was in normalish clothes), Random (anti-naruto) Ninja Guy at Sunday... and.... 'Het Beest/Ape Man' at night.. out.

Shujin-X Member
Old September 13th, 2005, 01:43:36   #25
Power2All
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Power2All Send a message via Yahoo to Power2All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibs
I agree though, judging should be a lot better...
that last part, about "Which one sticked the longest"
is a really really stupid factor, there's a huge chance you
forgot the first one you saw, and the last one will stick to you better.
That's just like that, so its hard to take that asn one of the important
factors in judging
also, I'm kinda mad about the end of my FMA Amv, the black silence part that was just cut off, was supposed to be there... -_-'' also, you said it had no filters or what so ever, though I have at least 2 at every clip, going on to 4 on some clips....
Memories was a really good AMV, some might think that a lot of the pieces are just cut out of the anime, but most of them are actually 'made'...
also, the compression was just really bad.
next time, test the DVD on a BIG SCREEN, and dont try it at your own home, those things are different, the same misstake was made at Animecon, and I thought you would be smarter not to make the same mistake...
still was an ok comp though, but next time, better encoding, and a better jury that is at least a little bet pro...
(next time, talk dutch, there was like no one english there, and not to be rude, but your english wasn't the greatest...)
also, of course you can't make 'touch' points with the lyrics when you choose a japanese song, so "AMV without touch points is sucky" is one of the most stupid statements... also, you toke the factor "Does the song fit the anime", though a lot of popular AMV's are the ones that do the exact opposite...
About the filters.
Your kiddin me, I didn't even use a filter at all.
Except only I had to fix the size in order to re-encode em into the DVD version, so about that filter-stuff, only 1 filter is used to resize, the rest your saying is not true.

Another point to mention, I understand your missing the blackness behind your AMV.
May I ask why it had to be black and silence ?
Nobody would seem the point of blackness behind a AMV when it's already done.

Btw, your AMV p0wned anywayz, even if it was short.

About the compression.
I rechecked and indeed the compression somehow was lower then expected. I'll hope to avoid these kinda issues next AMV compo but I've learned from the errors which I have found out.

I know your not satisfied with all of this or whatever you think, but keep in mind that we're doing our best to make it clear and simple as we can.

I've talked with a lot of other AMV creators and they all agreed that the only problem sofar was the judging and the DVD player which often went hipping the dvd.

If you want to have it a good compression, then encode it in 2000 or 1500 bitrate, then your sure you encoded it correctly.
If it looks like crap again, then you can blame your source about it.

Let you know, I'm doing a lot into encoding, decoding, decrypting and stuff like that, and I'm not a pro with AMV creations, but I do know a lot about encoding and stuff like that.

Anywayz, I'm not trying to flame here, just making sure you guys know what the situation was, please keep this in mind that we will ofcourse try to avoid these kinda issues. Encode tips will be given also when the AMV's have to be send in, we tried too ofcourse with this Abunai but it seems some people also found it funny to encode it in a WMV file and send it...

My oppinion of WMV: I HATE IT, IT SUX, IT's M$ !

There
Old September 13th, 2005, 09:53:10   #26
kageki
Otaku

about the off-topic sushi: I thought there was a 'belt' restaurant somewhere in Rotterdam, not certain though

everything you say here will be included in our evaluation documents, so thank you for everybody giving their feedback ^^v
Old September 13th, 2005, 09:58:18   #27
Chibs
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power2All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibs
I agree though, judging should be a lot better...
that last part, about "Which one sticked the longest"
is a really really stupid factor, there's a huge chance you
forgot the first one you saw, and the last one will stick to you better.
That's just like that, so its hard to take that asn one of the important
factors in judging
also, I'm kinda mad about the end of my FMA Amv, the black silence part that was just cut off, was supposed to be there... -_-'' also, you said it had no filters or what so ever, though I have at least 2 at every clip, going on to 4 on some clips....
Memories was a really good AMV, some might think that a lot of the pieces are just cut out of the anime, but most of them are actually 'made'...
also, the compression was just really bad.
next time, test the DVD on a BIG SCREEN, and dont try it at your own home, those things are different, the same misstake was made at Animecon, and I thought you would be smarter not to make the same mistake...
still was an ok comp though, but next time, better encoding, and a better jury that is at least a little bet pro...
(next time, talk dutch, there was like no one english there, and not to be rude, but your english wasn't the greatest...)
also, of course you can't make 'touch' points with the lyrics when you choose a japanese song, so "AMV without touch points is sucky" is one of the most stupid statements... also, you toke the factor "Does the song fit the anime", though a lot of popular AMV's are the ones that do the exact opposite...
About the filters.
Your kiddin me, I didn't even use a filter at all.
Except only I had to fix the size in order to re-encode em into the DVD version, so about that filter-stuff, only 1 filter is used to resize, the rest your saying is not true.

Another point to mention, I understand your missing the blackness behind your AMV.
May I ask why it had to be black and silence ?
Nobody would seem the point of blackness behind a AMV when it's already done.

Btw, your AMV p0wned anywayz, even if it was short.

About the compression.
I rechecked and indeed the compression somehow was lower then expected. I'll hope to avoid these kinda issues next AMV compo but I've learned from the errors which I have found out.

I know your not satisfied with all of this or whatever you think, but keep in mind that we're doing our best to make it clear and simple as we can.

I've talked with a lot of other AMV creators and they all agreed that the only problem sofar was the judging and the DVD player which often went hipping the dvd.

If you want to have it a good compression, then encode it in 2000 or 1500 bitrate, then your sure you encoded it correctly.
If it looks like crap again, then you can blame your source about it.

Let you know, I'm doing a lot into encoding, decoding, decrypting and stuff like that, and I'm not a pro with AMV creations, but I do know a lot about encoding and stuff like that.

Anywayz, I'm not trying to flame here, just making sure you guys know what the situation was, please keep this in mind that we will ofcourse try to avoid these kinda issues. Encode tips will be given also when the AMV's have to be send in, we tried too ofcourse with this Abunai but it seems some people also found it funny to encode it in a WMV file and send it...

My oppinion of WMV: I HATE IT, IT SUX, IT's M$ !

There
about the filters, I was talking about the creation of my vid ^_^;
He said that it was a "No effects" AMV, which wasn't true
but I understand... ^^

The black silence was ment to let it "sink in" (really, with silence after it, it does make a nig difference...) but then, people would have started their appluase (typo XD), so I guess it didn't really matter anyways...
Old September 13th, 2005, 10:22:33   #28
DjArcas

Send a message via MSN to DjArcas

Quote:
*raises hand*

Quote:
"Projectorgames were funny, but I still think the original Bomberman on
ps2 is better, because the version at the con didn't have rollerblades..."
*hmph*

My only real feedback on the video rooms is that SteamBoy was *far* too dark. Also, watching Zebraman in Japanese with Dutch subtitles made it possibly funnier (given that I don't speak any Dutch...)... when we got back, we watched it with English subtitles.

but it didn't make any more sense. ZEBRA KICK!
Old September 13th, 2005, 11:02:30   #29
Lord Stone
Board
A! Staff

I'll reply to the AMV stuff in the AMV feedback thread... I suggest we all do that ^__^
Old September 23rd, 2005, 13:31:06   #30
nwoppertje

Send a message via MSN to nwoppertje

I had a lovely time at the Abunai. It was my first con, so I wasn't familiar with all the rules.... So when I had to go to the wardrobe more than 10 times in a day to stash bags/get things out of bag/get my bag I got a little bit ticked off.

But well...those are the rules of the con...so I shouldn't complain to much. But I definately have to reduce my bags for the Animecon, as I heared they are even more strict there....

The events were nice, I had fun during the karaoke, the gaming and the viewings.