Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2005

Old September 12th, 2005, 01:44:01   #1
Neodash

Default Need your opinion on the rave event Otaku Speedvibe

First of all, I would like to thank you all for coming to the short noticed event and I really hoped you enjoyed the event. I from Shujin-X (SHX) and Sharpnel Sound would also like to thank Stichting Abunai for making this event (and my dream) come true.

Okay, the rave event I've always wanted to hold was for me quite a succes although I did not liked the fact that I had to stop for 20/30 minutes because I had to play something softer to bring in the public from the people of the Vestingbar itself...

Anyways, how I saw the crowd, the beginning it was very cool, seeing how many people went over the roof. But later the night, Only a few die-hards stayed till the end..

So my question is, what did you think about whole Otaku Speedvibe event, J-Core music from Sharpnel Sound, the mixing quality from the DJ (me), the time from when it started (around midnight), the length of the show (about two hours including the forced break), and would you like to have another event like this again ?

I need all of your feedback, so maybe if it was a success (in my eyes it was), that Stichting Abunai and us at Shujin-X and Sharpnel Sound could organise another edition of Otaku Speedvibe. I know that I really want to have another edition of Otaku Speedvibe next year, and maybe perhaps more time.

Every comment is welcome. ^^

To punish and enslave... ( Д)
-- www.deshimasounds.com -- www.supereuroflash.com --
Old September 12th, 2005, 01:57:19   #2
miszou
Staff
A! Staff

unfortunately I couldn't kame it before half past twelve so I missed most of the first part, but I stayed till the end so I really enjoyed the second part ^__^

It was cool and shjould definately be there again next year
I hope you'll get more time then and easier condition to play your music

^_____^
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
Old September 12th, 2005, 09:10:26   #3
Kagemaru
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Kagemaru

Yeah, it rocked! Though I know certainly now that J-core is not quite my slice o' pie, I was really excited just to see all those people dancing to the music! (I freakin LOVED that Uta~Kata ED mix! X3)

Hopefully we'll hear the Otaku Speed Vibe/Shrapnel Sound/SHX Soundmasters name ring once again!
Old September 12th, 2005, 11:18:26   #4
Hatake_Kakashi

Send a message via MSN to Hatake_Kakashi

It freaking rocked NDX
finallly there was a party with my slice o' music ^^
It better be again next year lol

Finallly cleared huahaha XD
DDR-MASTER..... or trying to be anyway ]
Old September 12th, 2005, 15:55:49   #5
Baramba

Send a message via MSN to Baramba

It's not my style of music, so I didn't go. Maybe next year you can have J-core on friday and J-rock on saturday?
Old September 12th, 2005, 15:57:26   #6
NiDeCo

Send a message via MSN to NiDeCo

It was great! Really loved the music!

Few pointers:
- You (the DJ) vary the music too much... just after a minute, when the beat is back, it goes slow again... then it's hardcore...then soft again...
Try to slightly move around the intensity....and not every 3 minutes.
- Why the hell was there a break??? (well you explained, but I think a rave with a break is a sucky rave...) So that was lame (not you're fault though)

Overall: Great!
Old September 12th, 2005, 16:22:59   #7
Gnuffiehot
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Gnuffiehot

dude, IS THERE A VIDEO ANYWHERE!?

I f*ckin' missed it! (Cabin steward >.> Had to go to the cabins )
Old September 12th, 2005, 17:00:08   #8
Power2All
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Power2All Send a message via Yahoo to Power2All
Default Re: Need your opinion on the rave event Otaku Speedvibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodash
First of all, I would like to thank you all for coming to the short noticed event and I really hoped you enjoyed the event. I from Shujin-X (SHX) and Sharpnel Sound would also like to thank Stichting Abunai for making this event (and my dream) come true.

Okay, the rave event I've always wanted to hold was for me quite a succes although I did not liked the fact that I had to stop for 20/30 minutes because I had to play something softer to bring in the public from the people of the Vestingbar itself...

Anyways, how I saw the crowd, the beginning it was very cool, seeing how many people went over the roof. But later the night, Only a few die-hards stayed till the end..

So my question is, what did you think about whole Otaku Speedvibe event, J-Core music from Sharpnel Sound, the mixing quality from the DJ (me), the time from when it started (around midnight), the length of the show (about two hours including the forced break), and would you like to have another event like this again ?

I need all of your feedback, so maybe if it was a success (in my eyes it was), that Stichting Abunai and us at Shujin-X and Sharpnel Sound could organise another edition of Otaku Speedvibe. I know that I really want to have another edition of Otaku Speedvibe next year, and maybe perhaps more time.

Every comment is welcome. ^^
For me it was like...
Entered building..
Looked around..
Heared speedcore alla Hardcore..
Gabbering time..

HAKKUH !!!

And well... I allmost killed myself cuz I love the speedcore sound

Perhaps we could organize something like this at a better place where we could play longer.

Oh yeah, JPop speedcore/hardcore rules :P
Old September 12th, 2005, 18:11:48   #9
Neodash

All great replies'thanks. ^__^

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiDeCo
It was great! Really loved the music!

Few pointers:
- You (the DJ) vary the music too much... just after a minute, when the beat is back, it goes slow again... then it's hardcore...then soft again...
Try to slightly move around the intensity....and not every 3 minutes.
- Why the hell was there a break??? (well you explained, but I think a rave with a break is a sucky rave...) So that was lame (not you're fault though)

Overall: Great!
There is a reason why I did this. I wanted to keep the better music for more at the middle/end. And I only chose some of the best tracks. If I started slow and go up, that's what I wanted too, but then people had to wait for the more popular tracks like from Air, Utakata and Zephon. I had to do it like how I did so the music style varies from the better and the best. The beginning was the most important part of the event. ^__^

The break thing.. Because the vestingbar saw that people were outside and stayed outside. They also said that it would be no buisness for them if everybody stayed outside. I was pretty pissed about this, because of the break. I also had to shorten my list and time. Okay, I can't really complaint, because I did get the chance to organise the event and play the music for the crowd.

I just hope that next year it would be even better, if Abunai permits another event as this too. ^__^

There was a 10 minute video taken. It will come online on our website very soon. I'll notify it when ready.

To punish and enslave... ( Д)
-- www.deshimasounds.com -- www.supereuroflash.com --
Old September 12th, 2005, 18:59:02   #10
Kanako
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Kanako

..... ok, was it a RAVE or was it a HARDCORE party? o.O

I couldn't make it because I didn't feel good (I even had to leave earlier that day T_T) albeit I did want to come... but I don't like hardcore.... I'm a raver ^__^ (And a very strict one at that XD)