Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2010

Old September 14th, 2009, 12:35:24   #11
belsammael
Board
A! Staff

Send a message via MSN to belsammael
Default Re: Abunai's Future Challenge! (new event)

Please keep in mind that this topic is for discussion of the "Abunai! Future Challenge" event that will be held at the convention, and not about discussion for improving the convention and execution thereof. There's already a topic for that here:

http://forum.stichtingabunai.nl/showthread.php?t=2618

thank you.

"Mokona is Mokona."
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:42:28   #12
Naisunev
Otaku

Everyone who attended the Abunai Future Challenge: Thank you with all my heart!

I've really enjoyed speaking with everyone at the event and seeing everyone speak enthousiastic about the ideas from the groups gave me a lot of positive energy. I'm really anxious to see all those good ideas become reality at the conventions in the Netherlands.

I will e-mail everyone their ideas and for those of you that didn't leave their e-mail with me, you can send me a message on the forum.

Since I announced the judging will happen after the convention I welcome all your ideas (even if you have new ideas) in my e-mail until the 30th of September. I will announce the winner(s?) shortly afterwards!

Thanks again, and I welcome any feedback or ideas in this topic!
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:28:48   #13
Josselyn

I though this event was a good event, abunai got a lot of new ideas and the visitors could see that it is pretty difficult to arrange everything.

I just want to react shortly to this quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarias View Post
I think this will be a hot item, considering the topic on the forum.
"

I understand people would like to drop their stuff, but landal had there own rules and nobody made you take the cottages. If you did not like the way the rules were (because you knew them from last year) you should make your own arrangements and stayed some other place.

It was pretty hard to arrange those cottages, landal does not like large groups of young people and the staff worked really hard to get 34 cottages available. But i do agree that if the convention is going to be held on a different location, it would be a point everybody would like to change. But again nobody was forced to use the cottagesa and the check in time was known quite a while before the convention started so people could have known that the check in was the same time as the opening.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:43:02   #14
Ikarias
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Ikarias

Quote:
I understand people would like to drop their stuff, but landal had there own rules and nobody made you take the cottages. If you did not like the way the rules were (because you knew them from last year) you should make your own arrangements and stayed some other place.

It was pretty hard to arrange those cottages, landal does not like large groups of young people and the staff worked really hard to get 34 cottages available. But i do agree that if the convention is going to be held on a different location, it would be a point everybody would like to change. But again nobody was forced to use the cottagesa and the check in time was known quite a while before the convention started so people could have known that the check in was the same time as the opening.
Well aware of all these points.

As some may know, i like to ratlle chains, not just for the sound of it, but to push for ongoing improvements. My appolagis if anyone is offended by this (i know some are) but sometimes doing things like this shakes things up, and new, improved actions come out of it.

I am not someone who always sees whats wrong, only to complain about. I also like to think with people, for improvements, and and another way of thinking. I believe that is the greater goal of what i do, and the same reason i came to this event (AFC).

Again, my apologies if anyone is offended.

- Timo 'Tamaki' van Buuren (Anime nation crew-controlling staf)
Abunai 2007 AMV - Ego
Anime08 AMV - cancelled
Abunai 2008 AMV - The longing
Abunai 2010 AMV - AMV MATERIALIZE (joined venture with Seria1337)
Anime11 EMV - The titty song (1st place)
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:41:25   #15
Josselyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarias View Post
Well aware of all these points.

As some may know, i like to ratlle chains, not just for the sound of it, but to push for ongoing improvements. My appolagis if anyone is offended by this (i know some are) but sometimes doing things like this shakes things up, and new, improved actions come out of it.

I am not someone who always sees whats wrong, only to complain about. I also like to think with people, for improvements, and and another way of thinking. I believe that is the greater goal of what i do, and the same reason i came to this event (AFC).

Again, my apologies if anyone is offended.
It is not that I am offended I do understand that this was far from ideal, but if people have complains I just want them to realize that is not that easy to arrange something. And if you want to rattle things up for improvement I suggest you think more about ideas and tips to improve these points then just pointing them out. That way I think you are helping more

Bur again I was not offended, I also wished this could have been different.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:55:56   #16
Ikarias
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Ikarias

I find it odd that if you rent 38 cottages, you cant get some extra time. Are they that unwilling? Seeing the time of the year i think they should be happy to rent at all.

Should they be that stubborn, did you think about talking to the hotels in the vicinity, make price arrangements, and thus providing hotels voor the visitors? (thats a lot of work, i know, but maybe an alternative)

- Timo 'Tamaki' van Buuren (Anime nation crew-controlling staf)
Abunai 2007 AMV - Ego
Anime08 AMV - cancelled
Abunai 2008 AMV - The longing
Abunai 2010 AMV - AMV MATERIALIZE (joined venture with Seria1337)
Anime11 EMV - The titty song (1st place)
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:23:38   #17
Saniiro-San
Otaku

previous years we talked to the hotels, but we found out that all hotels near the convention would be sold out no matter what we did, and quite a few even before we had a chance to make arrangements with them because people ordered rooms in advance. also, there is a huge risc linked to making arrangements if you can't make the quota you set, so financially it's also something you really need to be careful with.

and how do you mean extra time? (and september is after-season but still popular among people without children at home, because it's cheaper and quieter)
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:33:04   #18
Seria1337

Send a message via MSN to Seria1337

Well wat we mean is that we find that Abunai should pay some attention about people wanting to see the opening but can't make it one time because they need to drop they'r stuff at a cabbin/hotel.
And if that isn't possible then maybe the opening should be later then. Giving every one the possibelity to see it.

Srry for my bad english. Words i never use are hard to spell.
Abunai 2010: Processing...
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:43:57   #19
Naisunev
Otaku

People, please.... This topic is about the Abunai Future Challenge. Please keep it on-topic just as Belsammel already stated.

If you want to discuss the cottages, please do it in the general feedback area on our forum: http://forum.stichtingabunai.nl/showthread.php?t=2618
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:10:34   #20
Seria1337

Send a message via MSN to Seria1337

I was just replying to the question saniiro asked.
Abunai 2010: Processing...