Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2010

Old September 22nd, 2009, 13:13:59   #21
Katsu

Default Re: Abunai's Future Challenge! (new event)

Well, I for one, had an awesome time discussing everything and would love to continue the panel on another day. Talking about things we could to to improve and promote Abunai! really got me fired up to go out there and do stuff! And as there where three groups, I would have loved talking to everybody, but there simply wasn't time for that.

However! Yay for the internet and possible continuations! So, yes. We talked about a possible second panel during some weekend, I'd be happy to be there or help you set it up.

[BTW if you are wondering wtf I am, it's Sandrine. >_>....<_<.... Don't tell anyone else!]
Old September 22nd, 2009, 17:15:56   #22
papilionette

I think it's equally important to talk about new ideas with staff as visitors. The people who came to this event all had something to say about Abunai and cared about it.

Perhaps next time we should take more time for this, so it can be fully explained why some ideas are shot down.

Besides that, I really like this event, because I have many ideas, but as a simpleton visitor I normally couldn't have gotten my two cents even if I liked. Ofcourse I know a few gophers who could've passed it on. But still, I think it was a very nice event and I hope there comes a lot of good out of it.
Old September 24th, 2009, 22:54:16   #23
Naisunev
Otaku

I've sent everyone who participated (and left their e-mail address) an e-mail regarding the competition. I've also included a typed-out version of all your ideas.

If you didn't get my e-mail and did participate, please contact me using PM on the forum.

Everyone has till the 4th of October to hand in improved or new ideas to me and I'll do the judging together with other conventions and clubs in the Netherlands to decide on the most creative and at the same time most practical idea. We'll announce the winner on the 11th of October and I'll personally help to realize the winning idea.

Off course this doesn't mean that we'll do nothing with all the other ideas. That's why I'll work them all out and put them online so that everyone can use your ideas.
Old September 24th, 2009, 23:48:44   #24
twisted_edge
Visitor Services
A! Staff

I read the whole thing just now, some really good stuff came up:

- Bigger dealer room, more diverse dealer room: definitely a target for 2010, depending on the location. Personally I want more fashion and model kits, plus some more kawaii stuff and hello kitty maybe. PM me about ideas or suggested dealers. I'm open for it!
- Better conbook: It was hell again this year to make, but an improvement from last year. Better planning, tighter deadlines. Conbook 2010 WILL be better. The fire is lit, many thanks.

For the rest there are a lot of good suggestions about promotion I'm going to process into policy for 2010. I, for one, am grateful to all the who participated and I will take all your advise to heart.

Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu!
Old September 25th, 2009, 00:07:38   #25
TMar
Otaku

Yes, a bigger dealer room would be absolutely great. I got pretty much fed up with standing in line for almost an hour. If you put it in a large hall, like that sports hall at Tsunacon and earlier editions of Chibicon, there's so much space a line isn't needed. I've sent you guys an email with a suggestion last sunday after getting home. I hope it will be helpful. I know some locations which would be great but availability due to education activities would be a problem in september for sure.
Old September 25th, 2009, 00:20:00   #26
belsammael
Board
A! Staff

Send a message via MSN to belsammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMar View Post
Yes, a bigger dealer room would be absolutely great. I got pretty much fed up with standing in line for almost an hour. If you put it in a large hall, like that sports hall at Tsunacon and earlier editions of Chibicon, there's so much space a line isn't needed. I've sent you guys an email with a suggestion last sunday after getting home. I hope it will be helpful. I know some locations which would be great but availability due to education activities would be a problem in september for sure.
send 'em in anyway. We'd like to look at every opportunity for possibilities, to see if we can work something out, whether it's in the september timeframe or somewhere else. =)

"Mokona is Mokona."
Old September 25th, 2009, 18:14:21   #27
TMar
Otaku

I've sent the email via the website, the contacting page, so you'll know in which mailbox to look .
Old September 25th, 2009, 22:34:11   #28
mac_oni

Maybe a suggestie.

a get-me-out-of-this-visitorsbracelet crew. I realy like to save my abunai bracelet unharmd without keeping it on my arm till death. (or during a saw movie. >_>)

I don't know if there are easyer ways to remove it but still. I'm not saying during the con but on sundays after 16:00 sort of.

I realy like the bracelets so don't replease them.

Edit: also a idea use plastic instead of metal. (i'm now going to saw my hand off.)

Last edited by mac_oni; September 25th, 2009 at 22:38:23.
Old September 29th, 2009, 00:29:26   #29
papilionette

If you have a (euhmm.. Een waterpomptang ) or something like that, and someone to help you if you are clumsy, otherwise you can do it yourself and make the hole a little wider by pressing the metal thingie open.

My English really sucks.
Old September 29th, 2009, 03:03:28   #30
Glod Glodsson
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_oni View Post
Maybe a suggestie.

a get-me-out-of-this-visitorsbracelet crew. I realy like to save my abunai bracelet unharmd without keeping it on my arm till death. (or during a saw movie. >_>)
I usually take a "waterpomptang" to open the metal lock just enough for the fabric to squize through. It doesn't take that much force to do this at home, just some time to get it right

Yes, this might be done at the conventionsite, however, it would probably take to much time to help all the visitors