Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2010

Old June 12th, 2010, 09:47:52   #1
TMar
Otaku

Default Live Action Roleplay Quest (LARP @ Abunai :D) REGISTRATION FULL!

LARP Abunai 2010

May I have your attention please!

Abunai is under siege!

A long time ago, evil characters were defeated by our well loved heroes and sent to the Underworld.

From the Underworld, they have managed to create a portal to the here and now to threaten every living soul!

But we can stop them! A portal to the Underworld must be opened, so the attackers can be sent back. I am looking for a team of brave souls to perform this task.

I am looking for able fighters, mages, healers and most importantly ritualists.

As a fighter, you can wield a weapon of your choice. You are trained to perform on a battlefield, or in the dark. You have not only mastered your art, you are on a continuing journey to improve your skills. This is the day when you must prove your worth!

When you are a mage, you have studied for years and still you are often immersed in books and scrolls about the universal energies and lots of incredible things. You have mastered several spells which enable you to fight in battle and help others make things easier. You know you are a member of an elite!

If you’re a healer, you will help the injured and the sick. You are determined to save the lives of those in your care. Your battle is fought with bandages, potions, herbal concoctions, surgery kit and good advise. Your patients need you!

Being a ritualist, you endeavour to know all there is to know about this world, other worlds and the spirits that govern them. You know what you need to do to change the world, help people, correct inbalances in nature. You’re the key to the succes of this mission.

Skills fighter:
- combat training and experience
- weaponskill
- battlecry (use once every battle, stuns enemy within 20 m range for 5 seconds)
o weapons: (choose one) Sword, staff, axe, mace. (Sorry, no bows allowed because of the crowd sitting around)

Skills mage:
- Great knowledge (you have been studying for many, many years)
- spells:
o Freeze! (victim freezes for 5 seconds)
o Damned art thee! (throw soft ball at enemy, one HP damage)
o Itch! (victim has a terrible itch all over his/her body for 5 seconds)
o Fear me! (victim becomes afraid and runs off, effect lasts 5 seconds)
- dagger (last resort)

Skills healer:
- Healers authority (everyone will respect you and protect you if neccesary)
- applying bandages
- safely removing projectiles (surgically if necessary, surgery kit can be borrowed)
- herbal and potion lore

Skills ritualist:
- substantial wisdom (you’ve been in contact with the spiritual world for a long time)
- performing rituals
- spells:
o Spirits protect me! (shield lasting 5 seconds, you do not need to take hits and have time to run to safety)
o Earth, purify this circle! (cleanses a ritual circle before use)
o Power of life, heal this suffering! (restores 1 HP, can be used to restore a shattered or cut appendage)
- May use a dagger for self defense

These are four character sets you can choose from. If you own a LARP weapon, I strongly advise you to bring it along for this quest. A limited supply of LARP weapons can be borrowed from me:
4 swords
2 staff weapons (“wooden quarterstaff” and a jo)
3 daggers
1 surgery kit

We also need several NPC’s to make this event work. It is actually a great thing to be NPC in this LARP quest! I’ll tell you why: you get to play your favorite evil character, from a manga or anime for example and you will have some extra powers (which I’m not telling here, MUHAHA!)

Max number of NPC´s: 4
Max number of players: 8

You can apply by PM

As a player, you choose a character set, being fighter, or mage, or healer, or ritualist. To make character creation a bit easier, you can choose to play a manga/anime character you like.

For a fighter, Naruto, Ichigo, Rurouni Kenshin, any fighter whose heart is in the right place is excellent for choosing the fighter character set.

A mage could be a shinigami specialized in Kidou, a Ghibli movie character, anyone who uses magic in some sort of way.

A healer, well there are plenty around: Megumi saves the day! Hanatarou will find you in any sewer.

Ritualists: plenty characters that have some sort of spiritual aura.

In this quest, you ARE your character. Perhaps it is your all time favorite. Now here’s the chance to BE your all time favorite character . And it is the reason why you know your character quite well. Your cosplay will show that. Cosplay Pikachu, you ARE Pikachu! Cosplay The Joker, then you ARE The Joker (but I am sure I won’t have to tell that to a certain particular cosplayer )
As game master, I’ll also be in character, one certain Lone Wolf of Mibu and you’ll have to bear my sarcasm.

In this quest, it is vital to work together. It is possible that this isn’t the nature of your character or there is a character in the group your character isn’t friends with. So you can act out some resistance to this cooperation. After all, you all need each other to succeed.

It is possible your character has some less savoury elements, like an addiction, an annoying tic or you’re Pedobear, act it out. And engage in roleplaying. You depend on each other and you must devise strategies to outsmart the enemy.

Rules:
- fighting: to keep it as safe as possible, never make thrusts maneuvres, act like it is a real weapon and has some weight, controll your strikes and don’t hit the other with force and again: Never thrust or stab with your weapon!
- Hit locations: arms, legs, torso
- Locations you may NEVER hit: head, shoulders(can slip to the neck), chest area and groing (we might sing a great little song about that )
- Above will be repeated in a briefing before starting the quest
- Accidents are a possibility. Look out for each other, controll your fighting and do not lash out wildly. In case something serious does happen, yell “MAN DOWN”. I’ll halt the game immediate untill the situation is resolved. In case someone is hurt, he/she will be handed to gopher and first aid.

- Using spells: every spell using player has 15 mana points. Using one spell depletes 1 mana point. If you’re lucky to find a mana potion, you may replenish. One potion restores 3 mana.

- Hitpoints, injuries and healing:

o 3 HP per location (arms, legs, torso). A hit removes 1 HP.
o A hit with a sword is 1 sharp damage. You’ll start to bleed from the cut and you need to get it dressed, or it’ll get worse! A healer can do this for you. Without care, bleeding will continue and removes 1 HP at this location every 10 minutes.
o A hit with a dagger is ˝ sharp damage, same rules apply as with swords due to infection.
o Blunt damage: Staffs, maces, clubs and other blunt weapons give 1 blunt damage. Blunt damage differs from sharp in the fact that they cause bruising, shattered bones and internal bleeding. Internal bleeding applies to torso at 0 HP only because it contains many of your vital organs and a lot of soft tissues. Arms and legs at 0 HP are beaten to mush (lots of shattered bones and such).
o When you’re hit, act like you’re painstricken. You will have to crouch for a moment, groan, maybe scream.
o When an arm or leg has lost all HP (condition 0 HP), it is unusuable. You won’t be able to stand on this leg, arm will hang loosely. Another hit will shatter your appendage completely (blunt), sharp will cut it off. Magical or surgical healing might be your option.
o Is the condition of your torso at 0 HP, you are unconcious and can’t do anything but just lie down on the ground. Another hit on torso will kill you. Now you are completely helpless and must hope you’re saved in time. Being either stricken with sharp or blunt damage, you’ll have 10 minutes to live untill you blead to death.
o Healing: bandages to stop bleading, only stops bleading. Potions restore 3 HP to locations of choice. Healing spell helps restore 1 HP.

- Calls:
o Time in(game master call): quest begins
o Time out(game master call): quest ends
o Time stop(game master call): game master halts the game to explain the new situation
o Time freeze(game master call):: Everybody stops, closes eyes and starts humming (this means something is set up by game master which players can’t see, yet).
o Man down: to be used by anybody when someone has made a bit of a bad tumble, is injured, hit the head to something.

- General:
o IC: In character (everything you do and say is in game)
o OC: Out of character. When you need to step out of the game for some reason, to ask game master some question, raise your hand to indicate that you’re not roleplaying at this moment. Gophers and staff present are also advised to raise a hand. Larpers can get a bit carried away

- Potions: there are a number of magic potions to be found in the game. These are represented by small bottles with coloured fluid. Never actually drink the contents, but pretend to use it and hand them to the game master. Potions you may encounter are:
o Manapotion
o Healing potion
o Xplosive potion
o X (you’ll have to discover what it does yourself)

- Scrolls: There are some scrolls to be found that might be useful. Use them wisely!

Last edited by TMar; August 25th, 2010 at 10:27:54.
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:57:08   #2
TMar
Otaku

Default Re: Live Action Roleplay Quest (LARP @ Abunai :D)

To register for this event, send me a PM with the following:

- Name
- Character type (fighter/mage/healer or ritualist)
- LARP experience Yes/No
- Player or NPC/monster
- Are you bringing your own LARP weapons or do you need to borrow?
- Specific things I should be aware of, like medicin use, psychological issues.

Remember, I have room for 8 players and 4 NPC/monsters.

As it is currently planned, the quest will likely take place early sunday morning.

You will have to register for the LARP before Abunai. In the week before Abunai, you will receive an info-mail with planning and details.

Last edited by TMar; June 12th, 2010 at 10:13:33.
Old June 12th, 2010, 10:48:32   #3
Saniiro-San
Otaku

For those of us who might be slightly less versed in the world of LARP (I actually know a bit about it but I do expect alot of other visitors maybe don't), could you maybe give a description of how a typical fight works?
Old June 12th, 2010, 12:39:55   #4
Power2All
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Power2All Send a message via Yahoo to Power2All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw <- LARP battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM7GafKimuY <- Huuuuuge battle :P

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION !
DJ @ Abunai! 2007, Abunai! 2009, Hasshin 2010, Abunai! 2010
Former Drummer of the J-rock band Slightly Spring, new band in the making
Old June 12th, 2010, 13:12:42   #5
Saniiro-San
Otaku

I meant a textual explination put into rounds etc.

like: person A does this, person B reacts like this, etc.
Old June 12th, 2010, 17:45:01   #6
TMar
Otaku

fights can be of various kinds, depending on the type of characters facing each other. It can be a big battle, it can be a small skirmish between travellers and roadthieves.

But for this event, it will be mostly one on one (you pick one opponent and fight him/her untill one falls). It will be a group battle because people will be working together, but organized like this to keep it simple.
The nature of the battles expected during this quest will be skirmishes/one on one duels.
Old June 18th, 2010, 21:14:09   #7
TMar
Otaku

If you would really like to experience some LARP, reply to this thread, send me PM's people!
Old June 20th, 2010, 02:07:05   #8
Gwyndolium
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Gwyndolium Send a message via Skype™ to Gwyndolium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMar View Post
If you would really like to experience some LARP, reply to this thread, send me PM's people!
Send in my PM :3
Hope it'll be fun!

Though somehow it feels like just 4 npc's is not enough for a long story?

-Gwyndolium, the diddly daddly husky!
Old June 20th, 2010, 23:07:03   #9
TMar
Otaku

I'm intending to take an hour, an hour and a half at most, for this quest. Normally, events last all weekend.

This event is set up to get a nice feel what LARP is all about
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:13:41   #10
f1shhy
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to f1shhy Send a message via Skype™ to f1shhy

Hmmm, I seen 2 LARP battles so far at EFF. Still I have no clue how you plan to set this all up XD
I wouldn't mind joining in buuuut planning to gopher during abunai. So no idea if I'll be free during the event >.<

And I have no idea what char would fit me best.... (I suck at going IC)

Last edited by f1shhy; June 23rd, 2010 at 11:21:21.