Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2010

Old July 26th, 2010, 11:39:28   #21
Saniiro-San
Otaku

Default Re: Cosplay Act Competition Rules + Q&A (signups open!)

we already received some extra sign-ups so it's looking a bit more healthy but still need more to make sure the compo will be an interesting one to participate in and look at.
Old July 26th, 2010, 20:18:20   #22
Racing Dutch
Otaku

Little problem:
My group wants to sign up, but we got a little problem with the audio-video material.

Cause I'll be gone for about 3 weeks (Holiday + University-introduction), I can't get the material to you before 23-24 August.

I'm the only one of my group who can gather and edit the stuff.
Is this a big problem?
Old August 2nd, 2010, 01:58:46   #23
Meowzy
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meowzy Send a message via MSN to Meowzy

So my sister and I are finally working on our script, but I have to say... The script and sign-up templates are a complete turn-off. No wonder there aren't that many participants. It's very difficult to get visitor numbers from everyone, and previous CAC experience is pretty lengthy when you've got a big group of cosplay veterans. It's going to take us a few days just to fill these things out, but the script as we wrote it was done in two hours.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 03:22:57   #24
Saniiro-San
Otaku

I'm sorry you feel this way. uptill now we had good responses on the templates (other than OpenOffice users using the wrong (*.docx) template (instead of the correct *.doc) and having trouble with filling it in and retaining the layout). they also help us A LOT when it comes to getting all the information we need in a readable manner (this was a problem with the >9000 different types of sign-up and script documents we've received over the years. none of them looked alike which often made them hard to read).

be as complete as possible but you don't have to list 5 years of CAC experience for 10 group members for instance. it's simply a way to show us you have experience in being on stage which makes it easier for us during the selection stage.

also about those visitor numbers: this has been the case for the past few years already. the only difference is that now we have a clear template you can fill everything in on. previously it was simply one of the questions you had to answer during sign-up and was often skipped by people even though we need it. without that information we can't verify the groups are complete and are registered for the correct day. wouldn't be the first time a group signed up and we find out one of their members doesn't have a ticket and we've sold out (situation which happend a previous year. not that we expect to sell out this year but still...).

I do hope you find the time to get your sign-up in order. because we'de love to see you on stage and with your sign-up the chances of the CAC happening are very big!

we still very much hope to see several more sign-ups in the coming week before the deadline. the more the merrier and we took everyones feedback at heart and made many changes to help make the compo better and more fun to both participate in and watch!

(that and unless we run into absolutely unforseen problems, we dare say we won't have any delays this year ;-] *fingers crossed*)

Last edited by Saniiro-San; August 2nd, 2010 at 03:34:55.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 15:59:28   #25
Meowzy
Otaku

Oh, we do intend to sign up. The script we've written up is amazing, if I do say so myself. The only problem is that it takes a couple of days for everyone participating to get back to us with visitors numbers and the like.

It's not the first time we've had this problem and if I remember correctly, we used to solve it by providing a few numbers beforehand, then promising to get the rest to you as soon as possible. A few of our participants are dealers, so they don't even have visitors numbers, but there's still about five people who do have those numbers and need to get back to us.

Oh, and we also need to mix up an audio file. We're very good at procrastination, as I'm sure you can tell by now.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:24:52   #26
Saniiro-San
Otaku

as stated before, it's fine to sign up using the template with the bare information and providing an updated template&script later (though still before the deadline, and even then we understand about the numbers). it's better for us to see who want to participate asap this year instead of 2 hours before the deadline ;-]

dealers and guests don't have to provide numbers (since I don't know when they will get those yet) but simply state they are a dealer/guest.

Last edited by Saniiro-San; August 2nd, 2010 at 16:27:01.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 16:40:11   #27
Meowzy
Otaku

Will do! I'm working on filling out as much of the templates as possible right now.
Old August 6th, 2010, 18:46:29   #28
SharinganTanaka
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to SharinganTanaka

So are there enough sign-up's now, or should I try to quickly come up with a good act? ^_^
Old August 6th, 2010, 20:26:33   #29
Saniiro-San
Otaku

if you could: would be great :-] the more the better!

it's going to be close depending on a few groups who were "maybe's"... we are doing everything we can though to improve the experience and have some VERY nice prizes lined up for the winners already ;-]
Old August 6th, 2010, 20:32:19   #30
SharinganTanaka
Otaku

Send a message via AIM to SharinganTanaka

VERY nice prices? How interesting, though so far I never won anything. (see me weep crocodile tears) The only thing that is keeping me from jumping with joy is remembering how we every year totally lost our whole sathurday thanks to rehearsals and the act. That kinda put a damper on it.

Nevertheless, I love acting so I'll see if I can come up with something and motivate people to join in. Is there still a dead-line for sign-ups? How quickly must I be?