Abunai!  

Go Back   Abunai! > Archive > Archive 2010

Old September 8th, 2010, 00:31:48   #851
Ikarias
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Ikarias
Default Re: AMV Compo Rules + FAQ + Q&A (Sign-ups Closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saniiro-San View Post
the chance is really high
That, is one very politically correct answer.....

- Timo 'Tamaki' van Buuren (Anime nation crew-controlling staf)
Abunai 2007 AMV - Ego
Anime08 AMV - cancelled
Abunai 2008 AMV - The longing
Abunai 2010 AMV - AMV MATERIALIZE (joined venture with Seria1337)
Anime11 EMV - The titty song (1st place)
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:02:18   #852
Shiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaChez View Post
i must say i was impressed by ur amv, nice editing and stuff ^^ keep it going, i really enjoyd it
Thanks alot!
Old September 9th, 2010, 17:44:28   #853
Ikarias
Otaku

almost 2 weeks now....

Abunai 2007 AMV - Ego
Anime08 AMV - cancelled
Old September 12th, 2010, 22:29:05   #854
Bebbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4NLckOJ_M

Made few days ago when i got bored
Old September 17th, 2010, 18:00:30   #855
Ikarias
Otaku

Almost 3 weeks.

bump.

Abunai 2007 AMV - Ego
Anime08 AMV - cancelled
Old September 17th, 2010, 22:18:32   #856
Saniiro-San
Otaku

currently in the middle of a move so I'm afraid it will have to take a little bit longer
Old September 20th, 2010, 20:38:50   #857
Syaoran18
Otaku

Well its has been 3 weeks since the AMV competition. I really enjoyed to watch the AMV's level has been increased since 2009 Abunai. Lots of different genres I saw also which last year we had too much the same genres AMV's. So Good work all the 35 AMV editors.

I want to also give some comments about the AMV's
(Don't take them personally) I just want to give some reactions about it which are positive and also some tips for next time. NOT TO HARM THE AMV EDITORS I ALSO GIVE FOR MY AMV SOME FEEDBACK.

Timmie Ng (FateTSC)

I going to start with some few AMV's not in particular order:

Title AMV: You only Get what you Give
Editor: Timmie Ng (FateTSC)

Overall Good Drama AMV was very emotional about Otonashi and Tenshi.
The encoding was XVID HD 720p (not made for HD material) which I've could encode it to MP4 H264 but I didn't want to take the risk about it for the file size. The editing was sometimes which the scenes a little bit too fast and too much flash effects.

Second is that the piano 3D scene was very quick with the camera Animation. Next time I shall try to encode first my AMV too Lagarith and then use Megui with I as a encoder in the past did for Mazui Fansub.

Title: Fascination
Editor: Jinnie (xNekomimi93x)

The most creative AMV of the final 16 entries. Very catchy song which I think was also the publics favorite one. But as tip I want to give Jinnie is try too find the same quality scenes because some of them were normal and some of them were HD quality. Aspect ratio were some of them not the same try too work on it. But Overall I really enjoyed the AMV.

Title: Stylez
Editor: Wesley (Dnstje)

My personal favorite AMV was this one should for my opinion ended 1st place.
The Encoding was good nothing to argue about with Megui 720p encoding 1280x720 MP4 H264 Blue-ray. Good that you also have a Story now in the AMV which the in the past were all Anime various used.

I saw a few transparacy logo's from TBS broadcast in some scenes which not the most noticed it. Maybe you should try too crop it away or filtering it better. Wesley don't take this personally its just what I noticed at the contest. But Wesley keep up the good work.

Title: Through the Years
Editor: Sander (3da)

Very good clear story AMV which the years of the each period fits the anime scenes. But how it come lightly interlaced maybe you should check that for next Time. But the editing cutting of scenes was nicely done. Encoding was good. For the rest very clear AMV.

Title: I desperately need you.
Editor: Daisy (xDxDaisyxDx2)

The second best Drama AMV of the 16 entries.

I really like the way how you tell the story about your Nagisa and Tomoya mostly I saw lots of this couple tribute at youtube but yours impress the most emotions and kindness about the two main characters of Clannad.
The effects were beautiful used in the Anime. Encoding was good nothing special I've noticed Very good AMV for a first time entering. Daisy keep up the good work ^_^

Title: Project Danger
Editor: Samantha van der Pijl (Charming Ice)

I know your 1st place victory at Tsunacon 2010 AMV competition which was Gurenn Lagann RAVER YOKO TRIBUTE this time at Abunai you used the same Anime again. This mistake I also made it at Tsunacon 2010 which I've used the same style just like at Abunai 2009. Try too edit a different style of genres which you can make more chance to suprise the public. Next is the encoding was good 720p MP4 H264 1280x720 Square pixels which you learned from Power2all.

GOOD editing but sometimes you used too much the same effects like the flash. But overall for a Action genre AMV is good for be in the top 10. Keep up the good work Samantha your doing it great with AMV editing.

Title: Warzone
Editor: Jeroen Wolf (Rellik)

I still really enjoyed your Entangled Destiny AMV from Abunai 2008.
After 2 years not entering the Abunai AMV contest and ended 1st place is a good job. Good encoding nothing argue to about. But what's with the distortion effect it looks like the effect is destroying the quality. But that is my opinion the cutting scenes in the editing process was clean I can't find any mistakes in it.

Title: Blame the Music
Editor: Ghislaine (AMVKendrix)

For a AMV Anime Various good AMV. Which you this time not encoded the AMV in Lower or Upper field first for the interlacing.

The song DJ Earthworm I didn't expect they were some elements inside the song of Lady Gaga and Gives you hell. Some kind of mix song. The editing was good only maybe a tip is try too experiment more things which you used a lot of same scenes. But Overall Good AMV Various Ghislaine.

Title: This is War
Editor: Mandy Koster (MoonlightTsubasa)

My favorite AMV Various of the 16 AMV's
Hey Mandy good AMV Various again I really enjoyed the impression about the animes you used the feeling about the characters in different animes.
But I've noticed I saw a few logo's in some of the scenes and the aspect ratio were not the same of a few Animes, but already read this in the PM at YOUTUBE. But Mandy Keep up the good Work for me your still my second favorite female AMV editor of the Netherlands.

Title: Darker than Black
Editor: Floris (darkflo99

Hey Floris clear story in your AMV which I didn't watch the anime yet. But I saw a bit what you want to try to tell the story in the AMV. Some Guy wants to defeat the evil one. Some kind like of that. But the encoding was good nothing special what I saw. The effects at the end I didn't know what you experimenting it but it was special. Nice good try for a First AMV 8th place ended Good job Floris.

Title: Ginko just loves Mushi
Editor: Dorien (raptorxlovesanime)

Dorien Congrate again with your 3rd place for a First time entering good job. Mushishi is a nice Anime never saw it I only just read the manga. This is the first time I see that this AMV is also good but also the lyrics are fitting the song very good its links so well. Maybe a tip what I noticed is the audio music cutting at the end maybe try too cut the song at a other part or way.
But keep up the good work.

Title: Doing your mom
Editor: Linda Wijnen (Linnepin007)

Linda nice AMV even the encoding that you couldn't render it in a better way which I've read the reason at your video description. Maybe next time better. But i really like the jokes and the way you used the masking and the scenes fitting the song with Onegai Teacher. The editing was nicely done maybe a Tip for next time is try too encode your AMV at MP4 H264 720p if you know what I mean about that. But nice comedy AMV. And I still enjoyed your Tasuki World at Animecon 2009.

Title: Hot Fudge Reasonance
Editor: Bebberscosplay

Nice Soul Eater AMV I really like the sync of piano timing at the beginning. The public really enjoyed it which they saw a few famous Soul Eater characters at the contest. Nice jokes you had also with some scenes that THE KID is shooting at two guys. Robbie Williams song with this Anime good job.
The encoding was good I've didn't notice any thing. Maybe as a Tip try too lip sync a some of the scenes better.

Title: Straw Hat VS CP9
Editor: Shiyo2010

I remember you Zorro Battle AMV at Animecon 2010 which that one was very epic song at the timing was beautiful. This AMV also was a good fighting AMV about CP9 and Straw Hat. The encoding was super good for a One piece scene quality was good. But I already said at the comment at youtube that I've noticed you changed to another music which the fading was not that beautiful maybe a tip for next time.

Title: Alfred J Kwak Like Father Like son
Editor: Douglas (Douggierasu)

I was very suprised about this AMV I really like the concept you choosed very original to use a famous serie that is popular here in the Netherlands. The AMV reminds me of some few AMV's I saw in the past. Music choice nicely done. But did you encode it to 4:3 on purpose or was the anime source material not 16:9 if its not then you had no choice by doing it 4:3 16:9 scale is not beautiful which its stretched out but nice encoding for a very old Anime source you used must be DVD-rip. Good job Douglas with this AMV editing was nicely cut.

For the rest of the AMV's that are outside the top 16 I comment later on them.

See you all next year

Timmie Ng (FateTSC)
Chibicon 2009 AMV Fall Apart 5th place
Abunaicon 2009 AMV various Beautiful World 4th place.
Tsunacon 2010 AMV Sensitive Sky 7th Place Best OVERALL.
Yaoicon 2010 AMV 11eyes, Shakugan no Shana Flame Haze VS Demons 2nd place
Animecon 2010 AMV Clannad-on Not for Sale 5th place.
Chibicon 2010 AMV Fight for your friends 3rd place.

Last edited by Syaoran18; September 20th, 2010 at 23:03:22.
Old September 20th, 2010, 21:40:17   #858
Syaoran18
Otaku

Now for the AMV's that didn't made the top 16.

Timmie Ng (FateTSC)

Title: Yomi VS Kagura World of Demons
Editor: Lydia Hofman (xMarik0x)

Was actually my favorite AMV which the editing was nicely done. Too bad it got rejected about its a Trailer music style. A tip for next time don't try too use the same effects which the judges can easily noticed this.

My opinion if I was a Judge is passed in the last 16. The editing was good try for the 3D moddeling with the pictures about Yomi and Kagura. Drama and Action combination very good I hope you have better luck at Tsunacon 2011 and I hope your going through with your AMV. Encoding was XVID 1280x720 AVI was good but the converting from MKV to AVI makes the quality at the low side which you lose quality which I've noticed.

But for me your still my number 1 Female AMV editor of the Netherlands.

Good job Lydia.

Title: K-on Happy Sorry
Editor: OtakuTenchi

OtakuTenchi Nice try for a first AMV. I think as a tip for next time try too use the same HD source scenes of K-on which I saw some of them were TV-rip and some of them were BD-Rip. Try too search all the same 16:9 aspect ratio so all the scenes were equal. Some of the jokes were good especially the cake part which she is happy and then down putting down the cake.

That Color effect what was that that experiment effect is not a good way to test that. But Overall very catchy song.

Title: Utawarerumono Def Con
Editor: Jane (957Jane759)

Hey Jane nice again you inspired me again with your style of AMV editing. You improved a lot since Tsunacon 2010 with DN Angel Wings of Despair AMV. Then at Animecon 2010 again with Wolfs Rain. Just like Lydia's AMV your AMV was also rejected because of the Trailer feeling music. Tip for next time is try too not use the logo of the Anime.

The masking and timing were totally awsome.
Good job Jane for this AMV even your are not selected for the last 16.

Title:This is best its gonna Get Bleach
Editor: BlackKiwi

Good start of the timing of Ichigo with the boom. Some of the effects are a little bit overdone used at the sync. The encoding was not so good which it was not 720p I don't what the export settings was but as tip try too encode XVID or H264 codec if you don't know about the other codecs. Try to play with it it will help for your next AMV. Second what I saw was subs at a micro second in the AMV a good tip also for next time to not do it again.

But this AMV has a perfect timing that was too good for words.

The rest of the AMV's I haven't see so maybe next time if i can see them.

Last edited by Syaoran18; September 20th, 2010 at 21:43:19.
Old September 20th, 2010, 22:38:25   #859
Dougurasu
Otaku

:/ You only did 14 in your first post. I didn't see anything about my AMV and you forgot another.
Old September 20th, 2010, 23:04:33   #860
Syaoran18
Otaku

Hey Douglas thanks I was totally forgot about your AMV. But I set it already.
The last one I don't know who that AMV is or was. I have a total of 15 AMV's now I think.

Timmie Ng (FateTSC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougurasu View Post
:/ You only did 14 in your first post. I didn't see anything about my AMV and you forgot another.

Tags
amv compo