Rasha
Otaku

Send a message via MSN to Rasha
Exclamation Cosplay Fashion Show Rules + Q&A [SIGN-UP FULL!]

These are the rules, signups ARE OPEN!

Cosplay Fashion Show

Rules

Signup:
  • You have to sign up for the fashion show using the application template. Check the FAQ in the next post on how to sign-up.
  • You can sign up until the 30th of Juli 2012.
  • All required audio-visual material has to be send to us before the 13th of August 2012.
  • Costumes must relate to Japanese games, anime, manga or culture.
  • Each 'act' may consist out max. five (5) people. (there is 1 prize, groups have to share the prize)
  • Each 'act' needs to supply their own music (no music means we pick something).
  • Each 'act' needs to supply reference material of their costume in the form of images.
  • All cosplays have to be self made. This may be by yourself, or someone you personally know. If not by yourself, the person who made the costume has to be referenced and also attending the convention and be present (if able) at the compo. The costume may not have been bought in it's entirety but attributes like shoes, wigs and props are allowed.
  • There is a limited amount of places available. this is on a first-come-first-serve basis. there will be a waiting list in case any drop out of the competition.
  • The exact number of possible participants is yet to be determined.

Audio/visual material:
Images (reference material)
  • Reference images are original artwork pictures showing the costume you based your cosplay on. This can be a screenshot from an Anime episode, Game or Fanart image. You have to supply a minimum of 1 (one) image, but more is better.
  • The following file types are accepted: PNG, JPG, GIF.
  • We donít accept other file types like TIFF, PSD, TGA and other exotic formats.
  • The resolution of the image should fit the minimum of 640x480. (this means, at least either the width or height should have the minimum of 640 or 480 pixels).
  • The images will be reworked to be shown on screen during the compo.

Audio
  • For audio you can use one of the following formats: MP3 (min. 128bit), WMA, MP4, AAC.
  • We donít accept other file types like FLAC and other exotic formats.
  • The music files that are supplied need to have been pre-cut at the start. this means: no 'start file at time index X'. The music file will be played from the beginning of the file.
  • If you need help on the above points, notify us in time.
  • Youtube does not provide high enough quality material so is not allowed as a source.

The performance:
  • The safety of the audience, staff, and other participants must not be compromised. To this end, pyrotechnics and fireworks or any other methods of creating or causing a naked flame or explosion are not permitted; nor anything that may make the stage slippery or sticky that cannot be quickly removed.
  • Energetic performances involving e.g. running or martial arts displays will require further assurance regarding the skills of the performers, and we reserve the right the interrupt performances for safety reasons.

The rehearsal:
  • It is mandatory to be present at the rehearsal, you will be disqualified if you arenít there or late. The rehearsal times will be made know to the selected groups. If you know up front you are unable to attend or will be late, please send us an e-mail with the reason. If the reason is deemed valid enough you may be exempt from this rule.
  • The rehearsal is not for you to practice your act, rather for you to get used to the stage, and also for the staff to make sure the sounds and lights are working correctly for the show and practice the technical cues.
  • We will not accept new audio-visual materials or requests during the rehearsals.
  • Acts with inappropriate language, nudity or intensive violence will be rejected without question.

The competition:
  • By participating in this competition you give us the right to record your act, which will be put online on our website and used for promotional purposes, all rights reserved to us.
  • If you want your act to be filmed by anyone else besides our camera crew, you can request this through e-mail minimally a week before the convention.
  • There will be a short break (approximately 60 minutes, for lunch and just spare time) between the rehearsal and the actual show. All group members must be present (backstage) 10 minutes before the start of the show.
  • For problems or questions during the rehearsal or show go to either Peter/Arjan (tech) or Bram (stage) before the show (during rehearsal and the break), or the Super Gopher backstage during the show.
  • The order in which acts are set will be decided by the staff and is not open for discussion.
  • Judging results are final and are not open for discussion.

(these rules are subject to change)
Attached Files
File Type: doc regels cfs nederlands.doc (35.5 KB, 38 views)

Rasha
is that a lagspike in your pants or are you happy to see me ?

Last edited by Rasha; July 2nd, 2012 at 14:40:16.
Old March 27th, 2012, 13:29:50   #2
Rasha
Otaku

Default Re: Cosplay Fashion Show Rules + Q&A [SIGN-UP OPEN SOON!]

FAQ

Q: On what day will the Fashion Show be?
A: The Fashion Show has been put back on the Friday

Q: I have an OC (Original Character), can I still join the CFS?
A: Yes. If we get enough sign-ups, a category of it's own will be created within the CFS or otherwise you will simply be judged along with the rest. Do note that all of the same rules apply, including those of reference images! This will make participating as an OC harder compared to a regular character though, but we'd love to try this out and see where it leads us!

In the sign-up template, enter the fact that it's an OC at the "Source" question, and add the story/information of the character under "Additional Information".[/A]

Q: We want to do the catwalk run as a group, how do we sign-up?
A: You have to sign-up by filling in a separate template for each person in the group. In the template you can write down you are going to run down the catwalk as a group. It is fine to supply us the files in a single archive though for all the people in the group.

Q:  How do I sign-up?
A: You have to use the following templates:
Send an email using the email form on the website. The body (message) of the email will have to contain:
  • Subject: [CFS] (nick)name - character name, e.g.: [CFS] saniiro - staff member
  • Your name
  • Your Email
  • Your visitor number (or payment code if no visitor number has been received yet)
  • Download Link to the Sign-up template
If any of the information required is missing, the sign-up will be rejected. We will notify you if your sign-up has been received.

Q: How do I supply you with my music and reference image(s)?
A:  Send an email using the email form on the website. The body (message) of the email will have to contain:
  • Subject: [CFS] (nick)name - character name, e.g.: [CFS] saniiro - staff member
  • Your name
  • Your Email
  • Your visitor number (or payment code if no visitor number has been received yet)
  • Download Link to the material (sign-up template, audio, reference images). Please package all files together in an archive (ZIP/RAR/7z/GZIP) if in any way possible.
If any of the information required is missing, the sign-up will be rejected. We will notify you if your sign-up has been received.

Q: What is an "Archive" and how do I use it?
A: If you have trouble creating an archive, check out this tutorial. We accept the types of Compressed Folder (Windows Native)/ZIP/RAR/7z/GZIP. We highly recommend using this since it saves us a lot of trouble.

Q: I have no hosting of my own, how do I upload the files to you?
A:  Before we used MegaUpload, but since this isn't available any more we are looking for alternatives.
Attached Files
File Type: doc FAQ cfs nederlands.doc (33.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: doc abunai2012_cfs_signup.doc (360.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: docx abunai2012_cfs_signup.docx (191.9 KB, 85 views)
File Type: odt abunai2012_cfs_signup.odt (335.9 KB, 19 views)

Rasha

Last edited by Rasha; April 2nd, 2012 at 16:49:31.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 17:01:17   #3
Rasha
Otaku

Default Re: Cosplay Fashion Show Rules + Q&A [SIGN-UP OPEN!]

Sign-ups opened

Rasha
Old May 21st, 2012, 21:36:16   #4
alfiefjones

When using wettransfer.com , Do I send it to Abunai!'s E-mail address?
I don't really understand the site.
Old May 21st, 2012, 21:41:23   #5
Rasha
Otaku

You have to enter your own email as well as the one from Abunai.
If you really dont understand the site, there are alternatives like filetransfer or dropbox

Rasha
Old May 21st, 2012, 21:48:13   #6
alfiefjones

Oh okay! May I know the address? >.< I can't seem to find it.
And I assume that in the description section there should be the the name part and e-mail address?
Old May 21st, 2012, 22:53:34   #7
Rasha
Otaku

if you don't know what to put where, just change the language to Dutch with the little button to the right of "transfer"

also, the address is in the FAQ...alternatively you can send it to cosplaycompo@stichtingabunai.nl

Rasha
Old May 22nd, 2012, 21:50:59   #8
Designy

I don't really understand what I have to do if I go on stage with two other people.
So far I have my sign-up form filled in and I already filled in that I'm sharing the stage with two other cosplayers. Do the other cosplayers have to fill in the sign-up form aswell? Or is it enough that they are mentioned in the sign-up form I have?
Old May 23rd, 2012, 00:07:50   #9
Saniiro-San
Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasha View Post
Q: We want to do the catwalk run as a group, how do we sign-up?
A: You have to sign-up by filling in a separate template for each person in the group. In the template you can write down you are going to run down the catwalk as a group. It is fine to supply us the files in a single archive though for all the people in the group.
The FAQ explains all ;-]
Each person has to sign up seperately, but should clearly state they want to do this in a group and which group that will be. It is fine to deliver all the information in one go as long as each person has a seperate document.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 00:57:44   #10
PatrickB
Otaku

I'm kinda confused... I downloaded the abunai2012_cfs_signup.docx file and everything is alright and logical, but at the bottom is the EuroCosplay logo. Does this mean I'll compete in both of them, or is this simply the signup for only the CFS?

The title of the file, just below the logo of Abunai!, also reads CFS Sign-up (in a nice white color btw :P ). Just to be clear, I only want to join the CFS because I know this costume isn't going to be good/awesome enough to have a change in the EuroCos

Warning: I got a camera, please stay alert for my crappy photographing skills